!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club >

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Va Group/Club

Sounds like it really has potential andyou have excellent ideas for the club. Wish I lived closer as I would probably jump on it in a heartbeat. Good hunting clubs are hard to find.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Just a quick check in... I sent out an update last weekend to all those who have contacted me with interest thus far. I have since found that I missed one or two emails along the way, so if you did not get an update via email then please shoot me an email so I can get it out to you. I will have naother email update going out within the week. I might need one or two people to look at some property with me depending upon what the landowner tells me. If your are interested in that let me know.

Anyone else who is interested in information on the club feel free to email as well.

[email protected]

Justin
Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Update...

I sent out a email update last night if you did not get it then email me and let me know I will forward it to you.

We have been offered a lease in Nelson County, I know this is not the Northern Neck area I was looking in, but I was approached by some landowners who contacted me after being given information about the club. We have been given theoption to lease a large amount of land between 3700 and 5000 acres. This land is basically one large continuous area with several different tracts composing the acrage. so it makes it an even sweeter deal and much easier for qdm instead of broken up tracts. I was offered a 8 year lease with a locked in rate and first refusal at another long term lease at the end of this lease term. It already has some food plots established on it. We will be allowed to camp there and I believe they told me they would let use leave campers for the duration of season. ATV and UTV usage for hunting/traping and fishing will be ok but no recreational riding at all. The one tract is suppose to hold a good bear population and the other tracts have their own populations as well. The deer numbers are suupose to be high and there is water features on the property.

I have never personally hunted this area but have heard that there are some bruiser bucks and nice bears in there. They also mentioned a good turkey population in addition to rabbits. I love the idea of a 8 year lease, that would allow us to do so much in the way of QDM espcially on a area that large.

They also offered to introduce me to neighboring landowners if we worked something out. They said the basis of our club and what we are trying to accomplish would more than likely win some more landowners over. SO there is the possibility to obtain more land in the area.

I ended up getting played by a money hungry landowner on a tract of 600 acres who was trying to ring every penny he could out even after a niddign deadline so I walked away from that, not the place we want to invest in. I am still waiting to hear back on a few of the Northern Neck properties as well.

Anyone who might be interested now that we will be leasing some land over toward that area of the sate please shoot me a email and let me know you are responding from this forum.

Thanks
Justin

[email protected]
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Creeps in, looking around Justin good you know how to reach me, while your making a logo I can possible digitize something for a shirt hmm....
Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eng40sqd

... They also mentioned a good turkey population in addition to rabbits....
Did I hear the word rabbit? What's the habitat like on the property? Could you send me the info on the lease also?
Old 06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Eng, 4000 acres sounds fantastic. The lease I was putting together fell through via a dishonest middle man. If you are still looking for people to enter into a lease let me know as I live in Manassas and want to branch out from Quantico.

Brett
Old 06-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Steve and Brett.. I will be sending out a email today or tomorrow, I am finishing up a presentation for tomorrow nightto try to help a group for children with disabilities, they are going to the county to try to obtain more programs for these children, since in our area the only program from them is a baseball team that it seems is kept hush hush, havign lived around here all my life I did not know the team exsisted. So I am attending to try to show that we, the club fully support more programs and that we will be putting on some events to help these kids who deserve their chance to be happy as well.

The founder of this group was telling me he was at a county board meeting a few weeks ago speaking on diet needs for children in the school system with disabilities, when a woman spoke up telling them how there have been studies showing gluten free diets helps to slow or reverse to some extent autism in certain cases. The founders son (who is a fully funtioning autistic) turns to her and says " I happen to like my autism and I think I will be keeping it".. if sometihng like that dosent show you the heart that these kids have and move you, then nothing will..

ANyway as soon as I finish the prep work the email for the club will be going out to everyone, I will finally be able to announce dues either 7/5 or 7/6 as I will know what leases we have for the year by then.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

it sounds like that nelson county property may join national forest if is has good bear population. i'm just across the mountain in augusta county . i'd be interested in joining a club in that area if dog hunting wasn't allowed.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds very interesting Primative Weapons only with QDM in place. I read through your post and it was not clear regarding the type of hunting you were looking at. Yes there are several of us in SE Va that would be interested in a few more details. Are you at a point where you can give an answer onwould running deer hounds be allowed, and wouldXBows be allowed? My group is most interested in your basic primative gear, recurves, side locks etc... so hounds and X Bows may not work for us depending on just how you lay out the regs.

Sounds like you are well on your way, best of luck and I look forward to the hearing more about this..
Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eng40sqd

Steve and Brett.. I will be sending out a email today or tomorrow, I am finishing up a presentation for tomorrow night to try to help a group for children with disabilities, they are going to the county to try to obtain more programs for these children, since in our area the only program from them is a baseball team that it seems is kept hush hush, havign lived around here all my life I did not know the team exsisted. So I am attending to try to show that we, the club fully support more programs and that we will be putting on some events to help these kids who deserve their chance to be happy as well.

The founder of this group was telling me he was at a county board meeting a few weeks ago speaking on diet needs for children in the school system with disabilities, when a woman spoke up telling them how there have been studies showing gluten free diets helps to slow or reverse to some extent autism in certain cases. The founders son (who is a fully funtioning autistic) turns to her and says " I happen to like my autism and I think I will be keeping it".. if sometihng like that dosent show you the heart that these kids have and move you, then nothing will..

ANyway as soon as I finish the prep work the email for the club will be going out to everyone, I will finally be able to announce dues either 7/5 or 7/6 as I will know what leases we have for the year by then.

I was a special education teacher in Prince William and Fairfax for 6 years. Worked with severe emotionally disturbed kids. Loved em to death, and still do.

I work with the same kids in a different capacity these days.

Quick Reply: !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.