Va thinking of new Bear LIC? >

Va thinking of new Bear LIC?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va thinking of new Bear LIC?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Va thinking of new Bear LIC?

Another attempt to get more money and seperate hunters....Remove Bear Tag from General Big Game?

Leave your comments here... http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/regulations/comment2009/display.asp
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 AM

Default RE: Va thinking of new Bear LIC?

I strongly encourage all VA hunters to check out the link and leave your comments.

Myself, I amSTRONGLY opposed to adding a special bear lincense. I live in one of the best bear hunting areas of the state. Without question this is an attempt by die hard bear hunters to keep the casual bear hunter out.

Spend 2 minutes talking to any bear hunter in this areawho has invested in a pack of dogs and he'll tell you in no uncertain terms that being able to take a bear while deer hunting or taking a bear by any means other than behind a pack of dogs should be banned.[:@]

Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: popeye

Spend 2 minutes talking to any bear hunter in this areawho has invested in a pack of dogs and he'll tell you in no uncertain terms that being able to take a bear while deer hunting or taking a bear by any means other than behind a pack of dogs should be banned.[:@]
What a big surprise to hear that !
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

popeye,
I agree 100%......It is a very very BAD IDEA!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

The word from a few deer hound hunters is they're against it too. They feel it will lead to a additional license for deer/dog hunting. Something must be up they're pretty quiet on it and anything "hound" they usually have lots to say.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

I believe this is the worst mistake VBHA has ever made. They have lost some friends with this one. I hate to see us so divided over this. I like to live and let live, but this is a poorly thought out decision.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Bird, it is rather strange the deer hound folks haven't spoke up? Almost wonder if they realize this ain't good for the hound image and are wishing it would go away? After all the attention hound hunting got last year I'm thinking the bear hound boys might should have held off on this one for a few???

Greed will get you every time!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

From what a few have said they're worried that it will open up separating deer and lead to a deer hound license. And if that should happen then other steps necessary for that to work would need to be done. And we all know what that is. Funny the mouthpiece for all hounds in VA. has been quiet on this one.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

LOL I know whats going on before you do. Thats why your pondering what is up. watch and see!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

LOL I know whats going on before you do. Thats why your pondering what is up. watch and see!!!
Good it's working. Keep that thought going.

Quick Reply: Va thinking of new Bear LIC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.