Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Default Dog hunting outlaws

It seems some things never change. In Essex County, Va., some dog hunters are back to their old ways.Turning dogs loose on private land and the highways, these idiots are more than a few bad apples. There is no such thing as "policing their own", dog hunting clubs have lost all of my respect. Saturday they ran all over my farm again without my permission, and to top it all off, they sat in front of my house with their armsfolded, stalking my family and tryingtheir best to intimidate us.
Inow hate all dog hunters and will do allI can to end the damn sport altogether. My house has been broken into four times in the past year, my farm equipment stolen and my neighbors all have similar problems. When the bastards walk all over your farm, "looking for their dogs" there is nothing anyone can do to stop them from "casing" out someone's property. I hope the "right to retrieve" law, and all vestiges of dog hunting end soon. Screw the bastards.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

I guess all this happen and you didn't call the cpo or police just sit there and did nothing. Did you by chance get a picture or a license plate number or do you even know who they are. stop whinning and do something about it.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother used to own 50 acres in Spotsylvania County. I would hunt there about a couple of times a month and every single time the same guys would run dogs through the property and absolutely ruin my bowhunting. It got so old I quit hunting there altogether.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah VA really needs to change the laws on Dog hunting. This is just getting out of control. They are gettin away with what ever they want and thats just not fair to other hunters and property owners.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

For every instance of an actual violation (not just suspecting them of something bad) by dog hunters there are many, many more acts of trespass, poaching, and property damge by folks hunting still hunting. Just look at the arrest reports from counties where lots of still hunting and hound hunting occur. Lots of landowners who have a nice tree ruined by someone driving spikes into it to hang a stand would likely be happy to see that type of hunting put to an end.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

out with the old traditions and in with the new....own a little piece of the world and think you own the whole world.......maybe still hunting isnt condusive to your area.........and no Im not a dog hunter. dont let a few bad apples spoil the whole barrel.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again........

Does doghunting ever get a rest between you and BigBird?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

For every instance of an actual violation (not just suspecting them of something bad) by dog hunters there are many, many more acts of trespass, poaching, and property damge by folks hunting still hunting. Just look at the arrest reports from counties where lots of still hunting and hound hunting occur. Lots of landowners who have a nice tree ruined by someone driving spikes into it to hang a stand would likely be happy to see that type of hunting put to an end.
Lanse i have looked at some of the arrest records and im not seeing your point at all. Dog hunters still hunt too! They also still hunt while there dog hunting, hence being called a stander when the dogs are released. Also, to be fair you would have to take the total number of still hunters in the county and the total number of dog hunters in the county to make an accurate comparison. And in doing so divide the precent difference because im sure that still hunters out number dog hunters, not to mention how many dog hunters lie about when they get coughtsitting on someone elses property when the dogs are released. they probably try to not to affiliate themselves with there friends that are dog hunting. And on top of all that, since i work in field where i see police reports, i can tell you that the police reports rarely if at all depict whether they were still hunting or dog hunting. The only time that occurs is when they put a permenant stucture up out of bounds. I have found dog hunters in my friends tree stands on his farm illegally hunting, waiting for the deer the dogs are chasing. Now are the still hunters or dog hunters?

Im not saying that all dog hunters are bad, and im not saying that it should be stopped. But the right to reteive law needs to be put to an end, because many (not all) take advantage of it and see it as an open door to tresspass. And a land owner should have the ultimate right whethertoallow individuals on there property

Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Spike

I have been a non hound hunter for 45 years and hunt many many places in virginia and have never had a problem with hound hunters. Do dogs come across my hunt now and then? sure they do, but hey it's a hound running area. I knew this before i bought the 20 or 25 acre lots across a couple of counties, and dont expect everyone else to change the way they hunt just cause i bought a few acres around thousands of dog hunted areas! Hell even us non hound hunters are getting sick of the few crybabies hunt my way or no way hunters that blame everthing on hound hunters! Grow up, (You can't have everything your way!) or stop hunting!!![:@][:@]
Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Spike

Im not saying that all dog hunters are bad, and im not saying that it should be stopped. But the right to reteive law needs to be put to an end, because many (not all) take advantage of it and see it as an open door to tresspass. And a land owner should have the ultimate right whethertoallow individuals on there property

Now, I do agree with this part of the post. the rtr law should be changed. If somone for whatever reason, weather because they are hunting or just want to be an a**ho** does not want you on the property than stay off.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.