HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   What a hunt today! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/279665-what-hunt-today.html)

Hoyt_Viper 12-22-2008 07:13 PM

What a hunt today!

Started with a temp of 4degrees....brrrr! I climber a nice poplar in the middle of s swamp area where there usually is a ton of activity....none!

I got down about 11 and decided to walk the perimeter of my lease, since this was the first time hunting this year.I found a double ladder stand, 2 single ladder stand and a homeade stand all on my property. Im planning on using one tomorrow morning, as it is set up on a prime open arwa with good sign, and if the owner shows up, I will offer to sell it back to him, or leave it to share withe me, or take it and make sure itis putup on his property and not mine. The other two ladder stands dont look like they have been used in some time, so I will just let them be for when I want to use them. Is that unfair?

I also found a nice 7 point freshly killed, but the critters got to him and ate his eyeballs out and gutted him. Would have made a great kill, spread was at least 20 ".

going back tomorrow and will be setting comfy in the double ladder. Looks very promising!

VAhuntr 12-23-2008 08:17 PM

RE: What a hunt today!

I would do the same thing concerning the stands. Or, you could take the stands and leave a note on the tree telling the owner how to get in touch with you to get their stands back. This seems to be a very effective way of getting your message across.;)

Vabowman 12-23-2008 08:55 PM

4 degrees?? where were you?? Canada? It was like 19 here.

Hoyt_Viper 12-23-2008 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

My truck temp said 4 degrees. I saw on weatherbug it was actually 11 with the windchill it was 4. I will hopefully report good news tomorrow. Its the land i showed you that borders the south anna river with the road cut to the riverthat looks like a highway for deer. Im set up much fartherback so when they come in to bed down I will be in their bedroom, 25 feet up in the air!

VA5326 12-24-2008 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

My truck temp said 4 degrees. I saw on weatherbug it was actually 11 with the windchill it was 4. I will hopefully report good news tomorrow. Its the land i showed you that borders the south anna river with the road cut to the riverthat looks like a highway for deer. Im set up much fartherback so when they come in to bed down I will be in their bedroom, 25 feet up in the air!

Good luck. I'm in south Florida until Friday.