Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

ORIGINAL: Stonewall308

Yeah, chit happens. Your kids dog got shot, chit happens. Life goes on.

If you don't respect other people's rights, privacy, and property, don't expect them to respect yours.
Your right I'll agree and when his butt is thrown in the jail for shooting a dog, He can look back and say chit happens while he spends the days with bubba and a soap necklace. happy hunting.
Be sure and let us know when that happens. I won't hold my breath.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979

Ok now you're being logical. Leave your dogs on a leash while hunting. Great idea. You must be pretty fast if you can run with your dogs on a leash and keep up with the game (not just deer but coon, pheasants, anything hunted with a dog). The dog was doing what it was trained to do, running deer is legal where this took place so I can't believe that people are that ignorant to blame the dog. The owner wasn't breaking any laws also so how is he to blame. If the game a dog is chasing runs off of the big piece of land you are on how is that the owners fault. Come on guys be logical, use facts to base claims not emotions!!!
Here is some logic for you:

A dog can easily run10 miles during a hunt. Lets half that for arguments sake, a5 mile radius equals about80 square miles equals about 50,000 acres. If you have less than 10,000 acres, it is a virtual certainty that your dog will be on someone else's property. If you have less than 3,000 acres,you can bet your dogwill likely be on someone's else's property for the majority ofthe hunt.

Do you think that you have a right to the use of someone else's land? At the very, very least, people should be extremely apologetic and take every precaution against their animal entering someone else's land. To the contrary, the thread starter here not only asserts entitlement to the use of land that isn't his, but his downright condescending and unconcerned with the landowner's use of their land, all while demanding pity for the negative consequences of his nuisance behavior.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Do you think that you have a right to the use of someone else's land?
While I certainly don't want to justify shooting a dog, I agree that the dog and the owner have no right to the property of others. And I agree that simply turning them loose is probably the main reason the dog was killed. I know I won't do that with my dogs, too many things can happen to them.

Hate to say it but if you want to do that, you are gonna need to own a lot of fenced land. You have to be responsible for your dogs and the safety of your dogs. Still a shame some assbag killed it when there was probably no real reason to do so. But some people simply don't care.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Ditto!
I concur ... "At the very,very least, people should be apologetic!"

Instead they have "an entitlement to go any where they want!"
The man should feel lucky that it was his dog that got shot instead of him ... in parts of this country, people still shoot and ask questions later!

Here is some logic for you:

A dog can easily run10 miles during a hunt. Lets half that for arguments sake, a5 mile radius equals about80 square miles equals about 50,000 acres. If you have less than 10,000 acres, it is a virtual certainty that your dog will be on someone else's property. If you have less than 3,000 acres,you can bet your dogwill likely be on someone's else's property for the majority ofthe hunt.

Do you think that you have a right to the use of someone else's land? At the very, very least, people should be extremely apologetic and take every precaution against their animal entering someone else's land. To the contrary, the thread starter here not only asserts entitlement to the use of land that isn't his, but his downright condescending and unconcerned with the landowner's use of their land, all while demanding pity for the negative consequences of his nuisance behavior.
Do you think he got it?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM

I went through this thread a while back and just now came back to see the new posts. I will apologize up front if this has already been addressed but I digress........I have not read every diatribe in this thread.

To the subject of the "dog"?? I am truly sorry for your loss. That must be hard to deal with and I certainly would not want that to happen to my dog/dogs. However, I am much more responsible with my animals than to let them wander onto other peoples property.

Property rights are a big deal here if you can't tell.

The above poster is correct. Some parts of the country are a bit different and here in Texas it is the same way.

Do not let your dog get away from you and cause problems! I have shot two dogs in the last twenty years here. Both were claimed to be pets and both owners ended up paying us a fine, not the other way around. One was a catahoula and the other a pit (stafford terrier).

Both owners claimed that they were "hog" dogs.

Well great for you. Now what in the hell was your dog doing on my property? And by the way, to the pit owner.....thank you very much for him ripping the ass out of an aoudad sheep right in front of my PAYING hunter. Yep, dead dog. Go get another one and keephim on your own property!

Here it is plain and simple.......

You own a dog. He comes on my property (6900 acres) and disrupts a hunt from a PAYING hunter. I am sorry to say, but that is a dead dog!!

I really don't care if he has a collar on or not. He is dead! And you will (at least here) end up paying a fine forthe incidentafter I kill your dog. This county here will not tolerate negligence in any form or fashion.

Plain and simple folks. You are responsible for that animal, not the PRIVATE property owner that rightly ended his life!

It is sad that a loved pet could be owned by such a negligent owner!

Control your dogs!

Best wishes to all.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I don't believe that was politically correct what you said, diamondaranch, but, you sure sound like a straight shooter ... I mean sharp shooter!

And you s-u-r-e don't mix words and I respect that ... now, get ready to get clobbered ...by all that disagree with your philosophy of culling all the tresspassing, flea bitten mongrels.

If I had witnessed that "pit" doing what it does best, well, let's just say ...I'm with ya.

Each incident, in my mind, prior to reading your post, would require hesitationand not be a blanket thought of, kill, 'em all!

And I quote you:
"Well great for you. Now what in the hell was your dog doing on my property? And by the way, to the pit owner.....thank you very much for him ripping the ass out of an aoudad sheep right in front of my PAYING hunter. Yep, dead dog. Go get another one and keephim on your own property!"

I may have to re-think my stance, after all, it was a dog that taught me un-conditional love ...

Old 03-02-2009, 04:12 PM

I have no interest in being politically correct or otherwise in an issue such as this.

As far as the "clobbering"? Bring it on. I have thick skin and I know that what I say is within my personal rights as a property owner. Bring your pet too......after I "can" his ass you can pay the fine that the judge awards for him being on my property......disrupting our personal business!!

I know that sounds really harsh and is probably going to hurt the sensibilities of some of the previous posters. So be it.

I absolutely cannot understand how a person can expect a private property owner to NOT do what I have described. That is beyond me and really beyond common sense.

Damn!!! It's your dog right? He has your collar on his pretty little neck right? You raised himfrom a puppyright?

Then keep his hind end on your own property and not mine.

I do not know if the original problem here occurred on private or public land. That issue has not been addressed. Errrrrr, sorry, I have not SEEN it addressed yet. If it has been, then the masses have my apologies.

I have no experience with "public" land. Public landdoes not exist anywhere around me other than a state park that is the size of a frickin hobby farm......and the state does not allow it to be hunted.

Folks, don't get me wrong here. I really am a dog owner/lover. I love my dogs as if they were family.

But here is where I get some of ya............my dogs will never have the opportunity to be shot on someone else's PRIVATE property. That is called responsibility for your animals as well as for your own actions with those animals.

Best wishes!!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Last night I went for a 4-mile run (in 34 degree weather!). I run on the residential streets of my neighborhood. About half a mile into my run I heard a dog bark once behind me. I turned to look and saw a medium sized mutt running at mefull out across the yard on the other side of the street. It was growling when it came into the pavement after me. I yelled at it but it kept coming. When it got directly behind me I gave it a quick mule kick in the head. It yelped and stopped the chase. Only then did the owner come out of his garage to see what happened. He called to the dog and it trotted back. I kept going, knowing that it was a cul-de-sac and I would have to come back out. Fortunately, the owner did not have a problem or didn't want a confrontation. It's one thing when your dog is on your property, but another thing when it is not. If I had been bitten in the public right-of-way, he would have hada lot more to worry about. It's not just what your dog does on my property, it's what he does when he's not on yours.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Spike

diamondranch and poppa,i respect your opinions and views,were yall come from it may be legaland perfectly acceptible for you to do what you do,thats fine with me.but here in virginia,private or public if the chase begins on allowed lands and proceeds to private or posted lands that is legal as long as the chase wasnt started on phrohibited lands,now the hunter cannot cross prohibited lands unless he is retrieving said dog from chase and only on foot and un-armed.the shooting of the dog in virginia is a felony now.the fellows in this artical were doing verything legal and the guy that shot the dog was not by our state and local laws and that makes the shooter,in our case and state, the one in the wrong.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 AM

Here is an interesting little write up I found.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/10/virginias-huntingdog-law-finds-itself-cross-hairs

Vahoundsman, I can appreciate the "age old tradition" etc etc, yeah its the law bla bla.

But, I tend to agree with the one person quoted in that article that issaying "your" law is unconstitutional.

I have no problem with the dogs per se. It's not their fault, it is the dog's OWNER's fault in my mind.

I just read alot about that law in VA. And yep, your right, it is the law!!

However, I simply cannot fathom how a state governmental entity of any kind can make a PRIVATE property owner ANYWHERE in this country responsible for the negligence of others. That law needs to be reformed asap in my opinion.

As far as we go here?? I probably won't be shooting many dogs anyway. From my above post I hope you can deduce that it really is not a problem in this area of Texas (two intruding nuisance dogs in 20 years is not much.)

Besides, if any "stray pets" make it onto this property, they probably will be dead before I see them running around on our ranch.

We have cyanide charges in the ground all over this ranch in a never ending battle against the lovely coyote. No canine can smell it, then resist biting it. Boom dead dog and no shot fired.

Control your dogs and best wishes!

Quick Reply: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.