Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms >

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Old 01-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Thing is that most of us "still hunters" understand that dogs are a part of hunting in virginia. As long as it is not done on purpose and not an everyday thing, then how could you actually get mad enough to want to kill a dog????[:@]You can not convince me that it does happen all the time. Do i get pissed when it happens...YES, but like I have said before i knew it was dog country before I bought the land to hunt, and would never ask people who own 10,000 acres to stop running dogs around my land because I am scared their dogs might cross over mine. I just don't get how you could! It does not matter anyways cause I will have to get used to it because dog hunters are not going to stop hunting around me in my life time anyways. You doggers should respect others and take ever precaution to keep the hunt on your land. Don't start getting on me though cause I know that sometimes the deer is going to run out of your hunt and the dogs are going to chase the deer, and I am fine with that. as long as it is not done on purpose!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Ok I taking you've had problems with deer doggers. What have you done to remedy the situation. What is the situation? Every coin has 2 sides. I'll read yours and contact the others for theirs and give you an answer.

ORIGINAL: Stonewall308

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

You took my reply out of contexted. Chit happens everytime you step into the woods to go hunting or are you someone that blames everything or anyone because you didn't see a buck or kill one. To much rain, snow,wind are all factors of a hunt. A tree falling in the woods spooking game is part of a hunt. a squirrel barking when it has seen you is part of hunting.
No, it appears I took it in context. You are comparing natural occurrences beyond anyone's control to your negligent, burdensome, and nuisance activities.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vahoundsman

yep and your doing a great job of representing hsus.......keep up the good work
I've never posted anything supporting HSUS.

vahoundsman, if you think that you should have the right to shootyour hounds, just say it. Don't try to justify with a bunch of BS about someone else doing it.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hasn't this crap gone on long enough???

Will a Moderator please pull the plug on thisstupid, hate filled thread?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

Ok I taking you've had problems with deer doggers. What have you done to remedy the situation. What is the situation? Every coin has 2 sides. I'll read yours and contact the others for theirs and give you an answer.
I've never had a personal experience with dog hunters. I do take objection to someone who's attitude is "chit happens" when they ruin someone else's hunt. If you are letting your dogs loose where they are likely to get on someone else's land, you need to not only take precautions against it, but be apologetic when it happens.

I've never seen someone feel so entitled to the use of someone else's land, and down right indignant at any assertion to the contrary.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

well chit does happen even to you weither you'll admit it or not is your problem. doesn't make it right it just happens and is unforseen and sometimes it may come not as an act og god but as mishaps or natural occurences. Life goes on.

I've never had a personal experience with dog hunters. I do take objection to someone who's attitude is "chit happens" when they ruin someone else's hunt. If you are letting your dogs loose where they are likely to get on someone else's land, you need to not only take precautions against it, but be apologetic when it happens.

I've never seen someone feel so entitled to the use of someone else's land, and down right indignant at any assertion to the contrary.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, chit happens. Your kids dog got shot, chit happens. Life goes on.

If you don't respect other people's rights, privacy, and property, don't expect them to respect yours.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, chit happens. Your kids dog got shot, chit happens. Life goes on.

If you don't respect other people's rights, privacy, and property, don't expect them to respect yours.
Your right I'll agree and when his butt is thrown in the jail for shooting a dog, He can look back and say chit happens while he spends the days with bubba and a soap necklace. happy hunting.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Little story for you.
Once upon a time there were 6 nice calves minding their own business in their own little patch of land. Next thing you know 6 dogs show up. 1rot mix, couple of pits, and for sure three bird dogs. These dogs killed outright or injured, three before I came on the seen and shot the rot, one pit and one of the bird dogs. The rest got away. The owner and I are having a little meeting down town in a month to see what the price of steak is going to be.
My point is? I dont care if you are hunting 5 miles down the road or 100 yards down the road. You cant control your dog or haven't contacted me to see if its ok for your animal to come on my property, I see it. I will do my best to stop it in its tracks.
End of story.
Cowardly killer no Irresponsible hunter!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Who
You cant control your dog or haven't contacted me to see if its ok for your animal to come on my property, I see it. I will do my best to stop it in its tracks.
Even if the dog isn't messing with your property and is merely on a trail passing through?

Quick Reply: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.