Feeding times 5:35 AM

Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: green swamp wma in florida

im from north lakeland. i live off of gib galloway
Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

My son works off of Knight Station road..at Sea Board..an oil distribution company..

He lives up there at Carlton Arms by the mall..We need to meet sometime for coffee..if ya want.
C7
Old 12-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Spike

i can see carlton arms ffom my house. have you killed anything in the swamp?
Old 12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Spike

If you can get out there during the week and try it one time. I have had alot better luck during the week. Scouting alot would help. Try and find a area with a good food source. I seen my only buck this year eating acorns. Good luck
Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Spike

i have found one area with alot of acorns with a trail leading into t from a stand of planted pines. i only hunted it once but i didnt see anything yet. im going to give ita few more tries.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Dominant Buck

can see carlton arms ffom my house. have you killed anything in the swamp?

Not this year ..but I've killed a spke , wild turkey anda hog out of there...I've also called or gotten 2 beautuful bucks with in 10 yds of my stand..both times my stands were facing the wrong way..[:@]I've had a doe and hogs directly under my stand in archery..got the shakey knees..so I am seeing the game..but still learning the lessons..
Lesson learned this year,

A. Make sure stand is facing in the right direction
Stand placement is VERY important.[&:]

B. Take offthe pull up rope off your stand and stick it in your pocket or pack..[&:]

C.Do not carry mosquitoe repellant in your pocket..if it leaks it will burn a hole in your leg. I had to pull off my pants and sit butt naked in my stand yesterday.It will burn you up..in the rain..[8D]

D. Do not move..stay till at least 11:00 AM

E. Make sure you have enough shooting lanes ..they come in where you least expect.[&:][:@]

PS I did get one hog on private property this year..

Old 12-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Spike

thats pretty good. im hoping to atleast get a shot at a deer or a hod. i got a place with a good rub line and a place with acorns. im going to hunt them al much as i can.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

thats pretty good. im hoping to atleast get a shot at a deer or a hod. i got a place with a good rub line and a place with acorns. im going to hunt them al much as i can.

WOW!! I've never seen a rub line in FLorida..well maybe an old one but nothing new..again ..I wish I could share more but my friend some use this forum as part of their scouting tools..[8D]so I can't say too much except EVERY year you will do bettersee more game. Also, IMHO the Green Swamp is the most difficult place in the world to hunt..once you start doing good here you can consider yourself a pro..I've hunted in 4 other states..piece of cake..BUT the Green Swamp..not so..this place will make a true genuine hunter out of ya..OR cause you to sell your stuff and quit hunting..
have a Merry Christmas,

Chuck7
Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Spike

i aint going to quite. i really want to kill something out there so i aint going to quite till i do. lol

Quick Reply: green swamp wma in florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.