Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

IN halifax NC you just cant shoot across the road or from the right-of-way. In greensville Va you only have to be 10ft from the ditch and not across a road and Southampton VA has no distance just no shooting from road or across one...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

crumbe call the VDGIF hot line. Ask them are the items listed in the hunting rules digest inclusive of all rules statewide. They will say no. They will say it's a guide only meant to assist in establishing what the hunter can and can't do in a particular county. They also will tell you that it is up to each individual county to regulate distances and other local ordinances. VDGIF does not make or set these rules. So what's in your rule book or online at VDGIF isn't every rule for every county.

Here's their disclaimer page 3
This pamphlet is for general information. Specific laws are found in the
Code of Virginia or the Game Department Regulation Manual. For
answers to specific questions about hunting or trapping, contact the
Department of Game and Inland Fisheries office nearest you.
Then call Isle of Wight and ask the sheriff about distances from a road. The county can choose whether to notify VDGIF of laws to add in the hunting guide. If they don't call it doesn't get put in the guide. Bottom line is just because it's not in the little book we all have or you can read it on the VDGIF web site doesn't mean it's not somewhere else. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in court.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

crumbe call the VDGIF hot line. Ask them are the items listed in the hunting rules digest inclusive of all rules statewide. They will say no. They will say it's a guide only meant to assist in establishing what the hunter can and can't do in a particular county. They also will tell you that it is up to each individual county to regulate distances and other local ordances. VDGIF does not make or set these rules. So what's in your rile book or online at VDGIF isn't every rule for every county.

Then call Isle of Wight and ask the sheriff about distances from a road. The county can choose whether to notify VDGIF of laws to add in the hunting guide. If they don't call it doesn't get put in the guide. Bottom line is just because it's not in the little book we all have or you can read it on the VDGIF web site doesn't mean it's not somewhere else. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in court.

Rick the bottom line is your the number one most active anti-hound hunter on these websites and it has come apparent that your main goal is to regulate or ban hound hunting. I as a citizen and Sportsman of Virginia and a Hunting Dog owner feel threaten by you and your actions. It's not if your going to do a crime but when. Your actions are those of a domestic terrorist! You need to lay down the Peta and HSUS handbooks before someone gets hurt and a real crime is committed.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

crumbe call the VDGIF hot line. Ask them are the items listed in the hunting rules digest inclusive of all rules statewide. They will say no. They will say it's a guide only meant to assist in establishing what the hunter can and can't do in a particular county. They also will tell you that it is up to each individual county to regulate distances and other local ordances. VDGIF does not make or set these rules. So what's in your rile book or online at VDGIF isn't every rule for every county.

Rick the bottom line is your the number one most active anti-hound hunter on these websites and it has come apparent that your main goal is to regulate or ban hound hunting. I as a citizen and Sportsman of Virginia and a Hunting Dog owner feel threaten by you and your actions. It's not if your going to do a crime but when. Your actions are those of a domestic terrorist! You need to lay down the Peta and HSUS handbooks before someone gets hurt and a real crime is committed.
Translation...... You mean someone is going to try to retaliate in some manner and then a crime will occur. All I can say is smile if they do. I'm not going after anyone. Since when is posting video a crime? I'm well aware of the laws and I've got no problems staying within them. I didn't even call on the road hunters and I knew they were in violation. So if I'm so bad and on it why did I miss a chance? I didn't call IOW sheriff until last night to ask the law. I called on a hit and run deer hound and waited with it until the owner arrived. I haven't touched a dog or collar other than the hit dog. You don't actually know me and you're way off base here. Stick to coon hunting. You've got to be better at that than this.

The I feel threatened line is good but I don't think anyone is buying it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Spike

i would feel threatened too hokie,now we know some nut-job,whako is out there video tappingus hunting,maybe trying to get plate numbers so he can pass on to his friends or himself to find out where we live and come steal,shoot,or poision our hounds.
bigbird wrote:I'm not going after anyone.
seems that way to me,do you live or hunt anywhere near this club?why with all the clubs in virginia you pick that one to video,mmmmmmmmmmm.what i read on another forum you dont.

wait a minute you stated
I didn't call IOW sheriff until last night to ask the law
but you posted this crap on 1/5/09 10:28:24 am...........so you posted BEFORE you even knew the law.
i think we all know what kind of person were dealing with here.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

These threads are always a laugh riot. The more some of these anti-doggers talk the more apparent it becomes that they are wrapped just a little too tight.

Would be nice to see folks putting such video surveillance and investigative skills into addressing unlawful conduct by the non-hound deer hunters who consitute the vast majority of law breakers, vandals, slob hunters, and overall miscreants. What an exquisite blend of hypocracy and ignorance.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vahoundsman

i would feel threatened too hokie,now we know some nut-job,whako is out there video tappingus hunting,maybe trying to get plate numbers so he can pass on to his friends or himself to find out where we live and come steal,shoot,or poision our hounds.
bigbird wrote:I'm not going after anyone.
seems that way to me,do you live or hunt anywhere near this club?why with all the clubs in virginia you pick that one to video,mmmmmmmmmmm.what i read on another forum you dont.
I'm not passing anything onto some nut job. Conspiracy is the same as doing it. I'm not going to jail over this crap. And I don't know how anything along those lines got into this thread. I was going through to meet someone at another place. I punched in the GPS and made a turn onto a back road and that's how it went. I didn't go back, get numbers but just kept moving on. I didn't video the vehicles, call the law or anything. Just chance. Unless I go back and look at the signs I don't know the clubs name. It wasn't that big of a deal. I see road hunters a lot during the year. What's a few more or less? Not trying to police the back roads of VA. That's would be an impossible job. Hokie lives hours away from me. I have access to land up there somewhere by him ( I think) but I could care less where he goes or hunts. I don't even know HM's address nor do I care. I'm not targeting any club or person. I was simply pointing out how common the same problems are with the dog hunters and all the hound study and such hasn't done a thing towards fixing things.

Why do all the dog hunters defend actions like what was shown? Come on guys you have to set some limits on right and wrong too. Denail isn't going to cut it forever.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM

No he doesnt hunt near that club if he did we would have heard about him a long time ago with the way he acts.

Bigbird if you were not infamous before you are now, your real name is now known to many many hound hunters and is spreading every day. This is not a threat Im just telling you if this was the result you were looking for you got it. I think you are out to get hound hunters and will go to just about any means to get your way...including making false accusations on stupid videos to post around the world and put your personal biased point of view out to get anyone out there to feel for you.

the truth is the actual people who live on that road have no problem with us being there. The only people that would ever need to drive down that road actually live on that road. Anyone else coming down that road is either lost or looking to cause trouble.

You post your video and say "see see look what the bad guys are doing" when in reality if it were a problem in that area for dog hunters to hunt there someone would already have complained.

There may be problems in other areas...but you came to the wrong one. You also crossed the line with putting that child on there. You insinuate that there is a law being broken when you actually have no proof. You put all your what if's and your BS "tell me they wouldnt shoot at a big buck". You dont know. Your "Is that a road he is shooting across"....what shot??? Thats the point...your shock tactics in my opionion are making you look really desperate...and a desperate man will do just about anything.

If that big buck would have come you dont know what would have happened.........would you have shot at a big buck coming across the road?? If I say I wouldnt you call me a liar...If you say no.....you are telling the truth?? What makes you so much better.

And the way I see it...your tactics are exactly what PETA and HSUS use everyday its undeniable, shock, lies, profiling and biased personal opinions not based on the whole truth.....so when you deny you are them....maybe you are not I actually dont believe you are, I do believe you are a hunter....but you dang sure act allot like them that's for sure.

What makes you think that you need to come into someone's backyard and do some thing like this. What was done to you to make you so hateful. Or is just that your not getting your way so you think you need to scream a little louder.

BTW....the boys parents would still like to talk with you.

And in reference to your above post...I guess you just had a video camera turned on handy while you were headed to meet someone huh....tell that to someone who actually believes it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Crumbe no matter what I said or had it wouldn't be good enough for you or any of the others. Besides is everyone was doing what they were supposed to all the video in the world would come up with nothing. We'll leave it at that.

If they want to talk to me have 'em join the forum and pm me. Since you want to play middleman you can do that if you wish.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Pm me the info on where to meet you and I will let them know....they have nothing to say to you except face to face.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.