Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Dog hunting outlaws >

Dog hunting outlaws

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 12-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

why not deer??? if its ok for rabits and birds.
Bird dogs seldom roam far from the owner. Rabbits don't run 5+ miles away and across roads. They're also known to go into inaccessible places. The result is the hunt is limited to a small area or it stops. A deer doesn't tree like coons, it doesn't run down a hole or in a wood pile, it keeps going for some time and distance.

The majority don't really care if others deer dog hunt as long as their sport stays in it's own place and space. As well as season.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Well we have a problem in nw fl with dog hunters also. First of all they run the deer 7 days a week dusk til dawn. They will park there trucks right next tothe stand you are in and seem to be as much of an a** as possible. They litter the land and have no respect for other fellow hunters. If the dogs don't perform they just pull the collar and forget about them. They have no care for which direction they shoot and shoot from level ground. I know alot of people shoot from the ground but I always shoot from a elevated position for safety purposes only. Any ways deer dog hunters get no sympathy from me.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Spike

I have been hunting Southern Louisiana for over 20 years, and I have not only lost respect for dog hunters, but most hunters in general. I realize this is the dirty South, so maybe it is worse down here, but the rudeness and complete lack of hunting ethics has gotten to the point of being shameful down here. I have been several miles up the Pearl River in my boat hunting, not another boat within a mile of where I tied up and am hunting, and some dumb redneck will tie up 10 yards from me and walk right through my hunting area. Same with hunting off the side of the road. Half the time, they aren't wearing the required hunters orange. Often they carry in bait which is illegal where I hunt on Management Areas. I report them every chance I get, but it isn't like I can call when I see it happen (no cell signal in the middle of nowhere), and I can't legally do anything about a-holes walking through my hunting area when there is 1000 acres of open, empty hunting land they could have chosen instead of where I am.

Several weeks ago I was squirrel hunting in a Wildlife Reserve (it has a hunting season). There are pull offs all over the place, but a bunch of guys with half a dozen beagles HAD to park right next to me and turn their rabbit dogs loose. Then one had to nerve to apologize for messing up my hunt and proceeded to give me advise on how to hunt squirrel. He got aggravated when I told him that all I need to hunt squirrel successfully is to be left the F**K alone in a quiet patch of woods.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that people are getting more lazy by the year. Hunting Wildlife Management Areas where permanent blinds, ATV's and dogs are illegal weeds out a lot of lazy hunters who just want to sit in a heated blind with coffee and a donut and wait for deer to meander past them.

The only recourse I have is to move deeper and deeper in the swamps. Since I hunt by myself 99% of the time, I have accepted that if I shoot something I will spend hours getting it back to my car or boat, and that if I get hurt then I am aligator bait since I have no cell signal out there. And since I still hunt I can't really tell anybody exactly where I will be. I just go where the deer signs lead me.

Such is the way of things these days I guess. Hopefully next year a few more people will decide to take the easy ticket and hunt private baited land and leave the public property to those of us who still enjoy HUNTING.

And if that sounded like I was on a soap box, it is because I was, and now I am stepping off of it.

Stan
Old 12-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Spike

Hey! It's Christmas!!! How about a time out? Let's all enjoy this special Holiday with family and friends. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Spike

hey reswire u really need to realize ur opinion doesnt matter..people have been hound hunting in virginia forever..ur not going to change anything..u better hope i dont find out where u live cause i will drop my dogs on ur land..i mean if all them democratic liberals dont like the way we hunt down here then take ur ass on somewhere else
Old 12-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

For anyone wondering why the hound situation is where it's at just read dog boys brilliant post. And when it's fixed and the finger pointing starts go back and read it again.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: doe slyr

hey reswire u really need to realize ur opinion doesnt matter..people have been hound hunting in virginia forever..ur not going to change anything..u better hope i dont find out where u live cause i will drop my dogs on ur land..i mean if all them democratic liberals dont like the way we hunt down here then take ur ass on somewhere else
Good God man... MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too.... [:'(]

Old 12-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: doe slyr

Good post except the part about turning out on his land. remember dont drop to these antis level.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BOWMANN100

Good post except the part about turning out on his land. remember dont drop to these antis level.
You mean rise don't you?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

For every instance of an actual violation (not just suspecting them of something bad) by dog hunters there are many, many more acts of trespass, poaching, and property damge by folks hunting still hunting. Just look at the arrest reports from counties where lots of still hunting and hound hunting occur. Lots of landowners who have a nice tree ruined by someone driving spikes into it to hang a stand would likely be happy to see that type of hunting put to an end.
10-4, good buddy!

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.