Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Thank You Cabela's >

Thank You Cabela's

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Thank You Cabela's

Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thank You Cabela's

for producing a great product! this last weekend while hunting one of my swamp spots, i was walking from my treestand to my truck after dark. while walking through the water, i just happened to look down as i stepped on a 4 foot cotton mouth. the snake hit me on the inside of my right boot (calf area). i just bought my Cabela's Snake Proof Rubber Boots about 3 weeks before this season started. from first hand experience, they work!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM

Default RE: Thank You Cabela's

WOW man, glad you are ok!!!

Love the signature line! hehe
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

you know i was looking at a pair those today. and was tossing up between the snake proof or the dream season water proof. you just sold me the snake proof ones. cheers
Old 11-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Spike

i got the reg.pair of snake boots i ve been hit twice i dont go to the woods without them
Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had a guy jump out of his truck Sat. and land right by on. He shot it because he had his kids with him, 4 foot cotton mouth. I just dont think of gun season and snakes.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i look at it this way, if your snake boots (which ever brand you go with) prevent just one bite...they are worth the money! if you buy the Cabela's Snake Proof Rubber Boots like i got off of the internet or magazine (without trying them on), order them 1 to 1.5 sizes smaller then you wear. they tend to run a little big.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

man i know what your talking about!!! i bought the redhead knee highsnake proofs cuz i do alot of hog hunting through swampy areas and was worried about cotton mouths. well about a month after buying them i was in a pin thicket coyote hunting and i stepped right on a 5.5 foot timber rattler and he struck my calf fast and hard.... never even penetrated the boots. i never even saw him and he never rattled til after he struck me.... needless to say i pulled the ole glock 27 out and popped a .40 cal through his head just to get even. i might even have thrown in a "what now biotch".lol
Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

are the snake proof boots water proof? coz i hunt in alot of flood plains, and hate wet socks
Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jayman035

are the snake proof boots water proof? coz i hunt in alot of flood plains, and hate wet socks
the Cabela's Rubber Snake Proof Boots are as waterproof as any other rubber boot. stay away from "other" snake proof boots that are constructed of leather and canvass that claim they are waterproof. i have owned them and at best, they are only waterproof for 1 season.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

great, thanks. its stories like this that really make you stop and think about the big picture. glad your ok, and good luck with the rest of your season.

Quick Reply: Thank You Cabela's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.