virginia hunters >

virginia hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

virginia hunters

Old 11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: virginia hunters

I put 3 wicks soaked with tinks 69 about 30 yrds apart and did some bleating and grunting. it wasnt 20 minutes that two bb's came in on a string and went directly to the wicks. I was laughing because its like going to a titty bar and only getting to smell.....well you know.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Buddy of mine shot a doe the other night, and when he tried to walk up to her two small bucks were pushing on her and poking her to get her up. Yep she was hot!!! So i came over and cut those tarsals off, he took one and took the other. I had bucks coming in all night last night to check it out, no shooters or at least for the area im in, My buddy got a big 7pt on his that night. You get those glands, thats the attractant. If you go to the butcher they may be able to cut one off someone elses deer for you.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

if you want the best attractent save your deer urine and make your own lure. i keep a bottle in the frig in my shed . save all urine ,be very carful not to get blood or anything else in it. take the tarsal glands from the first kill . trim the hair off them into the urine. just keep adding to it with buck urine or doe urine ,darker stinking gland hair will really make it rank. make sscrapes near your stand and add it to them. drive them crazy,we've killed 9-10 bucks this yr doing this. get your hunting buddys together and make a big batch,just keep draining a little off at a time . nothing like useing the real thing.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tinks 69, Trails End 307, & Code Blue are 3 that I use. There's something called Buck Fever that a buddy brought me from NY a few years ago and that stuff was awesome!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

Thanks Rem700.......... I tried the vanilla extract last 2 times out.............and didnt see anything come around.....Maybe it was the area I was in.... But I know the deer are in this area!!!! I will give the Anise oil a try!!!! Hey, it cant hurt, I guess!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I probably went through $125 worth of Special Golden Estrous this year. Had one buck in bow range during legal light (barely). He was a bit too small. Had two bucks come chargin in followng a doe and get in a fight right at my feet first week of November.... JUST after it was too dark to see (period). I haven't ever really had any super luck with scents... I don't get winded... but I haven't killed a deer this year either. Who knows.