Florida Gun Opener >

Florida Gun Opener

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Gun Opener

Old 11-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Florida Gun Opener

everyone ready? i sure am, hopefully i can tag out early at Rock Springs this weekend so i can head to Ocala and knock one down out there.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 AM

Default RE: Florida Gun Opener

Ill be at Rock Springs this weekend also just hung the stands yesterday. Found a couple nice rubs and a few scrapes.Pretty excited to get out there and fillmy tag.Alot of bear sign too more than I have seen out there normally should be interesting walking out there at night, saw a small bear on the main road asI was leaving.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

definately no shortage in bears anywhere in Florida. i gave a friend a Lake Delancy Muzzle Load permit for last weekend and lent him my muzzle loader and treestand. i told him where to go and he seen 2 bucks, 1 doe and 8 bears all in one morning. the first buck appeared just before shooting light and he said it had a rack. he said he could see the buck through the scope but could not see the scopes crosshairs. the second buck was only a 4 inch spike.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

for those that care, the major feeding times for this weekend are as follows:

11/07/2008 - 6:30 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
11/08/2008 - 7:10 a.m. & 7:30 p.m.
11/09/2008 - 7:50 a.m. & 8:10 p.m.

we will be between the first quarter and full moon with temperatures dipping down to the upper 40's on Saturday morning.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck Camo..I'm scouting the Green Swamp Friday..I aint tacking up any trails until I find what I'm looking for..
Pooper ,,,rubs and a heavily used trail..a scrape would be a plus.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Spike

all ready here will be at the swamp come sat. morning
Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Spike

I found a few spots last weekend at GS. I am going to go back this week andtry andlook at the area's a little better. I cant wait for Saturday morning. Good luck
Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Good luck Camo..I'm scouting the Green Swamp Friday..I aint tacking up any trails until I find what I'm looking for..
Pooper ,,,rubs and a heavily used trail..a scrape would be a plus.
i find most of my deer sign on transition lines. also pay attention to the deer track size. we don't have 150 pound doe's running around Florida so if you see a track larger than the rest, pay special attention to that area and scout it further. you have put in alot of work this year, it will pay off
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our opener in the central northern section is this upcoming weekend. Time to drop the tailgate and let them run....
Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Camo,
My principal gave me Friday off to scout..He's hunted the Green Swamp fo r20 years ..so I ask him."Sir, if you had one place to hunt in the Green Swamp where would it be?" He told me..but 2 miles deep in the swamp..[&o]I said."And how do you plan to get that deer out." He shrugged his shoulders..

Now, I've been to where he hunts but it's actually a known area..I'm scouting areas that I truly beleive a dog wouldn't go in to..I plan to put some quality time in Friday. I'll have food and water and my 38 pistol..

I have 3 areas I'm looking into..All 3 are nasty..and then one more unknown..

Quick Reply: Florida Gun Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.