Florida Gun Opener >

Florida Gun Opener

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Gun Opener

Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida Gun Opener

Any of you Green Swamp boys drive a tan toyota?small pick up...if so, I was right behind ya when the gate opened up this morning.

Scouting was tough..gettin too old for this stuff.[8D]..I was out there for 4 hours..

1st spot..no signs.
2nd spot small sign with a nice game trail
3rd spot..nothing

Here's the spot I decided on..doesn't look to promicing BUT it will do for the first day..

NOte...about6 inches from the bottom { Right side}of the picture is a dark line..that is a heavily used game traill.In the center is where the rub was which goes into a 2 foot deep pool..

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Spike

wasnt me drive blue ford f150 had to work today
Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I've hunted that area alot.. so does alot of others.[&o][&o][&o]You may see my tacks in the trees.
C7
Do you really know where I am hunting? .I never seen any tacks on trees. I have 3 spots in that area with rubs. I had to work late so I did not make it old today.

Good luck everyone
Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir,,,that is the only fire break within bicycle range..I will not mess with ya..I was there the 1st day of archery and someone put a stand up next to me..I was ticked and left..I was way down the fire break though..I've hunted every inch of that ..I talked to one of the ranchers who farms nextto it..Carl

I'm no where near you partner..I've gone 5 miles north..Too many people hunt there for me..you won;t find my tacks..I walk so many steps..and then turn off the trail the tacks start where the average Joe can't see them.
C7

PS I also drove to the 471 entrance to buy a 5.00 map..The man wasn't there..If I ever walk up on you guys..I would never hunt near ya..I respect my fellow hunters..I always hunt away from the crowds..If the crowd finds me..I'll move again.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Yes sir,,,that is the only fire break within bicycle range..I will not mess with ya..I was there the 1st day of archery and someone put a stand up next to me..I was ticked and left..I was way down the fire break though..I've hunted every inch of that ..I talked to one of the ranchers who farms nextto it..Carl

I'm no where near you partner..I've gone 5 miles north..Too many people hunt there for me..you won;t find my tacks..I walk so many steps..and then turn off the trail the tacks start where the average Joe can't see them.
C7
There are lots of fire breaks/roads in bicycle range from 471.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

I didn't realize you were off of 471..You are correct.I don't know where your at..There is only one huntable firebreak within bike range off of Rockridge..and it goes 1 1/2 miles..and gets hit pretty hard..I have hunted that alot.I've never hunted 471..
Sorry about the confusion.
C7

PS I either hunt Powder or the river on Rockridge side..There is enough land there to keep me busy till I die..
Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Spike

I did not see anything today. I am going to move my stand tomorrow to a clear cut or a swamp edge where I seen some large rubs and trails.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Spike

seen 3 yerling does and 1 hog today