Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Florida Gun Opener >

Florida Gun Opener

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida Gun Opener

Old 11-04-2008, 05:40 AM

Default RE: Florida Gun Opener

Hope the weather gets a little cooler for this weekend everytime I check the weather channel it seems that the temp rises a degree. I wouldnt mind some overcast skies cuz Im in a pine over looking some oak scrub that doesnt offer much shade, but I can see a few hundred yards in aeither directions.Still pumped to get out there either way.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Im going to Citrus for their bow opener. Hopefully I'll come back with some good news and meat in the freezer!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FLSwamphunter1

Hope the weather gets a little cooler for this weekend everytime I check the weather channel it seems that the temp rises a degree. I wouldnt mind some overcast skies cuz Im in a pine over looking some oak scrub that doesnt offer much shade, but I can see a few hundred yards in aeither directions.Still pumped to get out there either way.
i should be at the gates waiting for them to open in the morning.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Good luck Camo..I'm scouting the Green Swamp Friday..I aint tacking up any trails until I find what I'm looking for..
Pooper ,,,rubs and a heavily used trail..a scrape would be a plus.
Chuck, scan the trees with binoculars for Rubs, don't walk-up to them so you will notcontaminate it. .................One way I scout for Poop and Tracks is from the jeep moving slowly down the logging roads to see where they crossed and then I consentrate on that area...Another thing, don't wear your hunting boots untill you start scouting...If you wear them and have stopped to gas up they will pick-up the scent of gasoline on the soles from the pavement..If you used public rest roomsthe floors have urine on them and the scent rubs off on the soles.....
Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Good luck Camo..I'm scouting the Green Swamp Friday..I aint tacking up any trails until I find what I'm looking for..
Pooper ,,,rubs and a heavily used trail..a scrape would be a plus.
Chuck, scan the trees with binoculars for Rubs, don't walk-up to them so you will notcontaminate it. .................One way I scout for Poop and Tracks is from the jeep moving slowly down the logging roads to see where they crossed and then I consentrate on that area...Another thing, don't wear your hunting boots untill you start scouting...If you wear them and have stopped to gas up they will pick-up the scent of gasoline on the soles from the pavement..If you used public rest roomsthe floors have urine on them and the scent rubs off on the soles.....
good advice, i NEVER wear my hunting boots anywhere other than the woods.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks fellows,,

Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Spike

Is it true the bigger the tree the bigger the buck when it comes to rubs? I have seen lots of rubs while scouting GS this last week. Some spots have rubs on little trees and big trees.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

How did you get in this week.I thought the gates were locked..
Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Spike

How did you get in this week.I thought the gates were locked..
I road my bike and walked. Mostly walked so I can scout on my way into the woods and scout my way back. 90% of the rubs I seen were about 25-50 yards off fire breaks.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I've hunted that area alot.. so does alot of others.[&o][&o][&o]You may see my tacks in the trees.
C7

Quick Reply: Florida Gun Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.