HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Okies getting out this weekend? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/268416-okies-getting-out-weekend.html)

WapitiStalker 10-16-2008 02:57 PM

Okies getting out this weekend?

Any of you Okies getting out this weekend???? Weather should be nice. Still a little warm.

OKbowhunter20 10-17-2008 05:02 PM

RE: Okies getting out this weekend?

I won't get a chance this weekend. Maybe next:D

gutshot101 10-17-2008 08:29 PM

yep- im out!!

davs2601 10-17-2008 09:42 PM

Ill be heading out tomorrow all day and also monday. Good luck to you guys

buck-i 10-18-2008 07:54 AM

coming back after nov 7 hope to get some hunting in

WapitiStalker 10-20-2008 07:56 AM

Yeah... did the family thing this weekend. Took kids out Wichita Refuge for hiking and Bison and Elk watching. Had a great time. I'll be out this weekend and will be hunting Fri, Sat, and Sun. Good luck. Hope this small cool front coming in will turn them on a bit.

jayman035 10-20-2008 11:24 AM

hi everyone. I'm new to Oklahoma, in fact I'm new to the country, and this is my first hunting season. i really enjoyed dove season, and am getting ready to try my luck with a muzzle loader. Ive always wanted to be a hunter and now i have a great opportunity to do this. everyone has been so helpful in getting me started and i have a small group that i have hunted with every weekend since opening day, and cant wait to try my luck with some deer.

its great to see that there is so much passion for the sport and there is always some great stories to swap.

well i wish you all luck and IL keep you posted on how my first hunt goes.

cheers, Jayman.

buck-i 10-20-2008 01:01 PM

where u at in oklahoma

buck-i 10-20-2008 01:02 PM

by the way welcome ok is agreat outdoors state

RLoving1 10-20-2008 02:48 PM

I'll be up there and out on the 8th of November,not far from where the McAlister monster was taken.

jayman035 10-20-2008 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: buck-i

where u at in oklahoma
just east of Miami. out by all the rural area

Buckmasterflex 10-22-2008 07:21 PM

I'll be out there, going after a big one...

davs2601 10-22-2008 09:34 PM

Hope noone spent today in a tree, you may very well got motion sickness. Hopefully this wonderful cold front with get things moving in the woods. Im planning on heading out all day on Friday if I can swing a day off from work.

jayman035 10-22-2008 10:31 PM

this weekend should be good for hunting.

Friday mid 50's 10-15 mph winds
Saturday, and sunday cloudy mid 60's
low chance of rain.

good luck to all and would like to see some pics :D

deerthumperjerryshei 10-23-2008 09:25 AM

I will definitely be in a tree stand this weekend.
Anybody notice more deer movement right before or since this big coldfront moved in here the other day?

Good luck to everybody and keep us updated..

MILLERTIME10 10-23-2008 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Hope noone spent today in a tree, you may very well got motion sickness. Hopefully this wonderful cold front with get things moving in the woods. Im planning on heading out all day on Friday if I can swing a day off from work.
Actually Ihad a pretty good afternoon. The wind was blowing about 30-40 mph out of the west and I was thinking about staying home. Regardless of the weather I decided to get out there and hunt, better than sitting around the house. I get out to my place and decided to go up on a hill and glass a little while before I head to the stand. I spotted a nice buck bedded about 500 yards away. I could tell he was wide, but I couldn't really see what else he had. I saw a place I couldstalk to and getabout 200 yards from him without being detectedto get a better look at him. Icrawled to that point and saw that he was a decent 8 point. He was probably 18-19" wide with short tines, probably 6" or so, and decent mass. Not quite what I was looking for, but encouraging. Too bad he wasn't bigger, he was set up perfect to try a stalk. The lay of the land was perfect and the wind was blowing so hard it would have covered all my noise. Oh well, so I head to the stand. In the course of the evening I saw 4 does and 5 fawns. It was definately the best night out so far this year. And to think I was comtemplating on staying at the house!![&:] You never know what you will see no matter the weather.

I will definately be out there this weekend with the smoke pole in hand.

OKbowhunter20 10-23-2008 04:36 PM

I'll be in a stand Saturday morning, regardless:D

jayman035 10-23-2008 05:41 PM

looks like i will be hunting from the ground this weekend. my stand is busted[:@]... well i will enjoy the challenge:)

jayman035 10-25-2008 07:36 PM

did anyone get anything today? just got back saw 3 doe but no clear shots

deerthumperjerryshei 10-25-2008 09:39 PM

Saw a big doe and her 2 fawns early in the hunt, trying to hold out forthe big buck that never showed. Tomorrow she may not be so lucky.

davs2601 10-25-2008 11:18 PM

No luck here. I bumped two does walking in then another hunter walked in on me just as the sun was going down....gotta love public land hunting. Seriously, if you are scouting for duck season please try to do it any other time that first hour of day break or the last hour of light. Oh well what can you do

jayman035 10-25-2008 11:52 PM

yea i hunted on public land this morning, and it was like a damn freeway... im gunna stick to the family land, too many people running in and out all morning messing upmy sh*t. we had 4 guys come thru on bikes right on sunrise making a hell of a noise[:@]

MILLERTIME10 10-27-2008 08:53 AM

I have been seeing a lot of deer on the move in the past 3 or 4 days. I watched a couple of 2 year old 8 points make scrapes and other smaller bucks dogging does. I think the bucks are ready the does just aren't cooperating. They are definately getting on their feet and cruising the scrape and rub lines checking for that first hot doe.Between my dad, brother and I wesaw between 8-10 bucks this weekend, but all of them were 2 1/2 yr old or younger.I still haven't seen a mature buck on his feet, but I have a picture of a pretty good one that I have my eyes on.

jayman035 10-27-2008 09:07 AM

got one sunday afternoon.
153 pound dressed
8 point, 15 inch spread

MILLERTIME10 10-27-2008 12:43 PM

Congrats Jayman, can't beat a good soybean field.