Don't believe Obama on guns >

Don't believe Obama on guns

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Don't believe Obama on guns

Old 09-30-2008, 05:38 PM
hp6

Default Don't believe Obama on guns

Just in case you don't fully believe the NRA, this is direct fromObama's own web site [>:]

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php

Obama Supported A Package Of Legislation That Would Limit Handgun Sales To One A Month. ''The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. 'We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased.'" [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
Obama Voted To Prohibit Multiple Sales Of Handguns Within A 30-Day Period. In 2003, Obama voted to create the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns, prohibiting the multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. In 2000, Obama was co-sponsor of bill prohibiting the transfer of more than one handgun within a 30-day period. The bill exempted federally licensed firearm dealers who purchase handguns in the regular course of business, military, law enforcement officials and certain hunters. [93rd GA, HB 2579, 5/16/03, 3R L; 23-36-0; 91st GA; SB 1614; 2000]
Obama Disagreed With The NRA That "People Should Be Unimpeded And Unregulated On Gun Ownership;" In Favor Of Handgun Registration And Licensing Requirements. Obama said, "I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training." [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Don't believe Obama on guns

thats just fine. I'm still voting for Obama
Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not.......
Old 10-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

I'm not.......
Me neither, and my decision has nothing to do with gun issues.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not![:'(]
Old 10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

I'm not![:'(]
x2!! [:'(][:'(]

Plus, he's a democrat...this type of action shouldn't suprise anyone.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

hp6 joined yesterday and 6 of his 7 posts are exactly the same. Smells like spam to me. There is a political forum here.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, Not me either
Old 10-08-2008, 10:23 PM

The only difference between Obama and Osama is BS!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe hp6 is just trying to make sure the message is out there for all to see. You would be surprised at the number of people that don't open the political forum.

X3 [:'(]

Quick Reply: Don't believe Obama on guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.