South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

who's hunting

Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default who's hunting

This weekend ? I am , I am , Iam, lol......my first hunt starts tomorrow and is over Sunday night, I am so excited....
got my stuff packed and I am ready !!!! I need prayers !!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who's hunting

not me until the second weekend of October
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll be out Sat. morning maam..I'll say a prayer for ya ..say one for me too sister..pleaseI plan to hunt in a funnel near a live oak tree full of acorns...
I'll be in a pine tree ...

Does anyone know the name of those berry bushes that grow wild in those palmetto fields.?.We can't eat them but the deer love them.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 PM

^ nope i dont know what thier called, but i will be out oct. 6 at toso. cant wait
Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday I'll be out there first thing in the morning.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:18 AM

I'll be praying for everyone to have a successful season. I just gota bow yesterday (I'll post pics later)... and won't be out there probably at all this season. Good luck this weekend.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck huntnma.
and good luck to all this season.
i have to wait until october 18th for the GA gun season to open.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Cannot wait for archery to open in Virginia next weekend. I hope to be in the woods on Saturday at first light.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i hope y'all had a better weekend hunting than i did.....opening morning i had a doe come within 6 yds., but she was a lil booger so i let her walk...
fri. i was talked out of getting out of my stand for a few hours, biggest mistake of my life....while i was gone, he came by and scraped a new scrape right by my stand, i'llNEVER do that again., if i'm hunting , i will not leave at all until the end of my hunt and not a minute before...but as i was setting my climber up to climb, i heard something, a hog, i stalked him for about 15-20 yds. and took the shot at 15 yds., lung blood everywhere, called my sister, while i was talking to her another one came up,i hung up, lol..so i let it have too, but as i released it turned and i got a bad shot in the back of the head, again blood everywhere...tracked the one until i lost the blood trail, started on the other one, they both were great bleeds and then it just stopped...the lung one went east but i never found it, the other one went into the thickest , nastiest briars i have ever seen...it was dark at this point so i went and helped a friend look for his buck, he got a nice 6..then the next morning i went in and searched some more, found another 15 yds. of blood on the lung hog, then nothing again, no tracks, nothing..the other one went in the briars, i could smell it and i tried getting in there, but i was getting so cut up and then i cut my faceby my eye[:@]and said he wasn't worth it ...i tried but it was too bad, my clothes were being ripped,my hattorn off my head and then it got ahold of my hair, y'all don't have a clue what briars will do to a girl with long hair, lol...thorns everywhere and anywhere...it sucks but i had to leave it.....it baffles me to no end how hogs just stop bleeding....then i stalked for the rest of the afternoon, saw nothing....sunday, i had a doe feeding around me but the closest shot she gave me was 33 yds. ans i just didn't want to that shot because it was thundering and i was afraidit was going to rain, which it did,other than that she evaded me, lol...nice older doe too...i thought i had screwed my area big time by shooting the hogs and i'm sure i did to some degree but to see her there feeding for that long comforted my fears some...i don't have the next hunt there this weekend, so hopefully it'll stay scent free and he'll return...here's a rub he made just a day or two before my hunt, heck, it could of been that night for all i know...

so how'd y'all do ?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be out Saturday monring.. depending on the wind I'll be hunting a transition/ staging area or a.. an.. this place close.. well I dont know yet![8D]

Quick Reply: who's hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.