Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA archery just around the corner! >

VA archery just around the corner!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA archery just around the corner!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default VA archery just around the corner!

How many are gettin ready for the urban archery season opener in a couple weeks? Myself, I can't wait!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA archery just around the corner!

Has been ready, re-qualifying this week however hoping the weather stays just about the same it's been all week and this coming rain should cool things down a little more. Belvoir my place of work and my place of urban archery.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

VAhuntr, I would like to hunt the urban archery season but I can’t find any property I had a few leads but they had a few bad apples in there before. They took all bucks no Does like they said they would. I’m working on them but it doesn’t look good. I work on a golf course in Arlington and we have about 10-15 deer some stay all year and some leave. There is this one buck that can’t get out his front leg did not heal right, but he has it easy here he’s a nice 10pt this year. It’s hard to watch all these deer running around and can’t touch them. But it does make for good practices for rattling and grut calling.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bushanic

VAhuntr, I would like to hunt the urban archery season but I can’t find any property I had a few leads but they had a few bad apples in there before. They took all bucks no Does like they said they would. I’m working on them but it doesn’t look good. I work on a golf course in Arlington and we have about 10-15 deer some stay all year and some leave. There is this one buck that can’t get out his front leg did not heal right, but he has it easy here he’s a nice 10pt this year. It’s hard to watch all these deer running around and can’t touch them. But it does make for good practices for rattling and grut calling.

I understand that. I have been denied access before because of what people have done in the past. Can't do anything but keep trying. Does your area have a government GIS system? I use the GIS to look at aerial photos of potential sights and then get the landowners contact information. I have had excellent results doing this.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have to wait untill Oct 4th out here but still, not far away Ive got 16 stands up with 6-7 more to put up this weekend and Im ready to go.. this season should be decent with what ive seen lurking

goodluck to everyone
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Spike

I am all geared up!! Sighted in have two more stands to hang and a lil more scouting to do before i hang them, but i can't wait!! Saw two nice 8 pointer the other day about 75 yards in a soy bean field from the stand i hung...hope the are coming out close to it!!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

MD, nothing gets you pumper more than that. I hung a stand around a field 2 weeks ago.. every afternoon is a solid 9 and 8 under it! I hope they stay there..
Old 08-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

crazyfarmer, hey with all those stands I couldkeep some of them company while younotusing them
Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Whoa, CrazyFarmer 16 stands calculating almost 23 one hunter?... I would hate to leave one un-attended...lol has titan will travel..
Old 08-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

been getting ready for both VA and MD this fall. Had the bow retrung, and new cables and got it sighted in, just need to check my ground blind and fill my feeder up that I have over in MD and I am ready.

Quick Reply: VA archery just around the corner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.