SE VA bow hunting club >

SE VA bow hunting club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

SE VA bow hunting club

Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SE VA bow hunting club

i just need to know how many people are interested. then I will know how much money we can have for land leases. thats it!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I actually know a guy in disputanta(prince george county) that has about 300 acres that only bow hunts. A couple of years ago he had about 5 guys hunting the land. Its prime land, he calls me the last week of season to come run my dogs and they kill a few, but that was when he was just hunting it and like I said it was the last week.I have the400 acres beside his and only run dogs on it 2 times a year (if that) Thats my little spot I keep for still hunting. pm me with a # and i will ask him if he is intereted in doing this again, If its not that far
Old 08-28-2008, 04:56 PM

jimmy, Im interested, but I will tell youthat once dogs into a peice of land it's over for the bowhunting.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

i know, BUT if we get exclusive rights to the land then its flat out tresspassing. Its not gonna be easy the first year but once people learn that their dogs have been picked up and taken to the pound they will start keeping track of them better. I am not gonna hurt a dog but i have no problem taking it to a no kill shelter and letting the owner have to pay to get his dog back
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Spike

Im interested in a club..........live in Chester, Va.Not too far from Disputanta.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

The mans name is billy janosko(sp). I will tell you he does not allow dog hunting on his land (except the couple of times he has called me) but wont if he has a lease out on it but he also does not rant and go crazy when dogs come across once in awhile, as long as he knows the hunt was started somewhere else and the deer ran over there. He is a older man that has lived around here for decades and is in good standing with the community. there is a rather large dog club about a mile from his piece that most of their land is around the same area as his, but they dont go on his property or turn out on his property. I tell you this cause he does not want guys around here causing issues with the dog hunters around here. like i said the dog hunters around here are very respectful of others land and dog and still hunters around here dont have problems with each other. so with all that said if you are still interested i will pm you my #
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Spike

Im still interested.... you can PM your number to me if you want.

Thanks Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 AM

I live in Richmond. Count me in if you need people.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:24 PM

My advice would be to join a dog/gun club. Many have reasonable dues and gives you access to lots of acreage. The bow season comes in early, during the rut, before any dogs have touched it, and 98% of the members don't bowhunt. However, membership in the good clubs is not necessarily easy to obtain. Good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 07:08 PM

I'd be interested, live in chesapeake. PM me if you plan to move forward

Quick Reply: SE VA bow hunting club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.