Virginians for Hound Hunting Reform

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginians for Hound Hunting Reform

Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginians for Hound Hunting Reform

ORIGINAL: hycohounds

bb, thats a well thought out plan. why didn't you start preaching that from the start. it wouldn't have met the resistance that the leghold plan did. you buy the gas and make the trip to the florida panhandle. i'll buy your lic. we'll hunt a 3 day weekend. if you don't have a blast running dogs with us, i'll buy your gas home. you'll have to follow in my footsteps but i promise you, you'll have a blast, maybe even get to blast and you'll be as tired as you ever been. but you'll have a great time if you let yourself. you can see some great woods and get to see that dog hunting ain't as easy as you think and it can be done without interfering with other peoples hunt. pm me if your interested.....tony
I'm not going to set traps. It was meant to pizz off a certain few. Boy did it pizz of more than a few. The point was to show how a 100% legal activity can be turned into a nightmare for some based upon their favorite form of hunting. I don't run dogs so it doesn't matter to me if 1,000 traps were set out there. They don't bow hunt so it doesn't matter to them if 1,000 dogs are out there. It's no more right for anyone to set traps to catch dogs than it is to train on deer during bow. Both activities have legal loopholes. So why do you get "tough" for an answer from the hound hunters? People are just frustrated and have zero recource with it.

I've ran dogs before and it's just not for me. I don't care if others do it as long as they do it on their land and in their season, not my time in the woods. But getting that to happen is a miracle around here.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Darn BB you let your secret out, the guys on SD won't have anything to talk about now.

Where's HM?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rick64

Darn BB you let your secret out, the guys on SD won't have anything to talk about now.

Where's HM?
I doubt that. They're still posting my name over there. I like today's post where Hatchet man compares the dog hunting tradition to the slavery tradition and their reluctance to compromise brought the end for them. Check these words of wisdom out. You have to love the last line. He's seen the light! Too funny. King of "don't give a damn I'm illegally training my deer hounds in bow season" preaching for change and the "E" word - ethics! I think he got a SAC to the head!

Derick- you have to understand. That is the same attitude the slave masters took in the 1850's. How'd that turn out? You know I am not willing to surrender RTR at any cost. But to say that we cannot compromise? You mean that if guys are pushing their hounds across anothers property without permission, nothing should change? If a guy chases the hounds in his truck and bales out in the middle of a hard surface road with his gun in hand- nothing should change? If guys enter posted property through locked gates w/ the vehicle to retrieve hounds-then nothing should change? If a group threatens a landowner - than nothing should change? That is the compromise I am talikng about. We have to clean this up. Don't blame it on the lack CPO's. This is all about ethical behavior. Which many are lacking!! Unless elimination of any of these practices would impede your hunting style, why would you oppose this? This is where the issues are. This is a large number of the complaints I read everyday. We both know it goes on and WE have to stop it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt in the northern part of the state so im kinda out of the loop, unless the fox hunters are out dancing around on there $50,000 dollar horses in middleburg running behind a 100 walker hounds trespassing on everyones land(they use the hertiage card too, but they got the money to get away with it). They actually help uspush the deer, but then again there not chasing them either. One of my best friends has a family farm in Fluvanna and he has come to hate the beagals. Not the act of the hunt but the hunters. He finds 6 to 8 deer dead on his farm every year along with seeing another 5 or 6 wounded. The bad running shots, the trespassing and the nightly occurance of all the lost dogs ending up at his house. If the locals were a bit more ethical i think he would be fine, but the frustration is hitting an all time high when the neighboring farm wont work with him and doesnt care. As he says "hertiage is fine on your property, so keep it there!" If everyone was curtius to there neighbors, i dont think this would be a problem, they problem exist because people arent being responsiable.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

BB Im lost...have not been on here for a while. Who is Derick?? And what is your beef with him?? Fill me in bro!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

BB Im lost...have not been on here for a while. Who is Derick?? And what is your beef with him?? Fill me in bro!
The reply to Derick quoted above is from JH SAC member. From speeddogs site. They're not huggy, kissy today! Derick is Hokieman on here and a lot of other places.