Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions about North & South Carolina

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Thanks Remington...Maybe we'll hunt some day...I'll video it
That's sounds like a deal to me!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

I just moved to the Winston Salem NC area this past November from Washington State. The problem I'm having is finding a place to hunt. Everybody I've talked to either have private land to hunt or or a member of a hunting club. Public land is hard to find. I would love to find somebody that would let me hunt with them. Good luck

Reid
Old 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WARedBear

I just moved to the Winston Salem NC area this past November from Washington State. The problem I'm having is finding a place to hunt. Everybody I've talked to either have private land to hunt or or a member of a hunting club. Public land is hard to find. I would love to find somebody that would let me hunt with them. Good luck

Reid
It's not hard to find in Winston Salem and the surrounding counties because it doesn't exist.
The closest public land is going to be around Caswell. http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg04_HuntingTrapping/pg4a2_caswell.pdf

Old 08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

I live near Fort Mill, SC and hunt near Chester, SC. I think you'll like it down here better. SC taxes are lower too. You just need to find a hunt club with an opening. I recommend you find a member who will take you as a guest to see how you like the land and othermembers.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good...YES...I hear alot about hunt clubs...I wonder how successful they are and if there is alot of pressure?...I would be game on a hunt club ...if accepted into the inner circle
Old 08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

My hunt club has 1,200 acres and we limit membership to 20. On any given weekend there are 6 to 8 members hunting. The cost is $675/year and members must put up at least one permanent stand. We don't have reserved stands. All stands, blinds, and tripods are first come first served. If I walk up to a stand and someone is in it, I have to find another. We usually let each other know where we would like to go so there hasn't been much conflict. We just get along.

I got 3 last year. My buddy got 7 and another guy got his limit (10). Scouting this year shows plenty of sign. Near the ladder I put up last weekend I found droppings that were still wet.

Our rule about guests is a member can bring any one guest two times after thanksgiving. Basically, we do this for recruiting new members. We kicked out a member last year for bringing too many guests. He brought 4 people one weekday when he thought nobody would notice. We currently have two openings for new members. Let me know if you would like to go see the property or if you might want to be my guest.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: RenaissanceBiker

My hunt club has 1,200 acres and we limit membership to 20. On any given weekend there are 6 to 8 members hunting. The cost is $675/year and members must put up at least one permanent stand. We don't have reserved stands. All stands, blinds, and tripods are first come first served. If I walk up to a stand and someone is in it, I have to find another. We usually let each other know where we would like to go so there hasn't been much conflict. We just get along.

I got 3 last year. My buddy got 7 and another guy got his limit (10). Scouting this year shows plenty of sign. Near the ladder I put up last weekend I found droppings that were still wet.

Our rule about guests is a member can bring any one guest two times after thanksgiving. Basically, we do this for recruiting new members. We kicked out a member last year for bringing too many guests. He brought 4 people one weekday when he thought nobody would notice. We currently have two openings for new members. Let me know if you would like to go see the property or if you might want to be my guest.
Where is this located?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Copy this into Google Earth:
34 35 00 N, 81 17 40 W
We have a lease on most of the land between Stone Road and Durham Road, North of Halsellville Road.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:20 PM

If you relocat to the Charlotte or High point areaUwharrie National Forest would be your closest game lands. I'm less then 15 miles from Highpoint. When you get down here give me a call.