Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VDGIF Focus Group summeries up >

VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VDGIF Focus Group summeries up

Justin I don't think the reason for the study was to tryto ban dogs for deer, but you can see from all side there are some problems. Hopefully with the info from this study they can figure out some solutions that will help, but I have a filling neither side will be satisfied.

That small of turnout is sad. If they had invited me, I would have made it a point to show up.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Rick,

I am level headed and open minded enough (most of the time lol) to understand what the purpose of the study is and Iknow and have never thought it was at any time to end the use of dogs for deer hunting. I am actually glad to see the state hold the focus groups and I think the way that it is going to be done might be the best way for all parties with stakehold in the issue... I have talked at great lengths with not only county leo officers and animal control but with a few conservation officers and bioligists. If I understand correctly after all the initial focus groups are finished, the state is going to then take x number from each stakeholder group that has attended a meeting and start to mix them and hold another round of meetings, then taking the level headed ones out of those remaining put them all in one room to talk amongst each other and come up with possible solutions/suggestions to help with issues.. maybe there isnt a middle set of meetings, I dont remember exactly so dont hold me to it... it's terrible getting old at such a young age

I am in 100% agrement that there are some very serious issues that if not brought into check will not only surely be the end of deer dogs, well all dog hunting possibly but also cause the other types of hunting to loose ground because of the divide and fall of the commonwealths sportsmen. I also know and hope that most out there understand that it is not the entire dog hunting community at fault. I know there are entire clubs who are unethical and abuse laws to their advantages in areas as well as individuals acting on their own accord in others but as a whole I would say if you took the total number of deer dog hunters and had a actually percentage of statewide deer doggers who were unethical or bad apples it would be lower than one might think... However I know it only takes 1 bad apple to ruin a entire bushell

I wish that everyone on BOTH sides of this issue would take a breath.... put down their weapons (attitudes, smear campains, mud slinging, false documents/photos etc..) and pull up a cheer grab a cold one (root beer or sweet tea of course lol) and talk things out. Because by continuing to goon in this manner we are fighting half of the anti hunters fight for them and we are broke down and tired from the civil war in amongst our ranks they will strike and then where we will be??? I really dont want to think about it, and those that think "ohh that will never happen because we are so passionate and strong" just take a second and look at what we are doing.....
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Rick,

My purpose in my first post was to point out the small turn out, not to bash still hunting, as you might have seen on one of the other boards we both go to, that I am willing to work on something that would fit into that demographic of hunters as I am very passionate about both..

I just was disappointed in a way at the lack of turn out and the response of why should I do anything from a few people.. but those will be the first to cry if nothing changes as a result from the lack of response... I truely am interested in hearing everyones concerns.. but not the bs... make sense?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Justin I'm sure you and most other hunter know the reason for the hound study. There's just been afew people and one organization that has portrayed it as the end of all hound hunting, didn't intend to throw you in that group.

and cold one in hand!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way I see it, if they ban deer dog hunting, what's next, bear, then fox, then... OMG RAAAAAAAAAAABBIT???!!! I'll back these guys running deer dogs even though it's something I do once or twice a season. I live in Northern VA and don't deal w/ deer dogs much, but my guess is its a few bad apples that are lingering on the brink ofspoiling it for many.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Steve,

Did you ever get my message about the Black Gold?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eng40sqd

Steve,

Did you ever get my message about the Black Gold?
No - whats up?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someonemade a mark about the lack of non dog hunters participation. Well I for one didn't know anything about these meetings. I am still waitingfor that survey that the state said would be available for us hunters. WhenI emailed the VDGIF and asked where it was I got an arrogant response back from the guy that was supposted to writeit. And I am still waiting for it.

I guessthisis what I should expect from this agency as far as getting something done with this problem.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 AM
Spike

Default doreenss

одноклассник http://no-fume.info/ арктел
песня из рекламы always италия frenk Sinatra беспалтная музыка
Экспоцентр sportlifting pegast
отец Шлимана купил Илиаду stiffbody РБК.РУ