VA counties deer season extended >

VA counties deer season extended

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA counties deer season extended

Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VA counties deer season extended

Qualifying sounds simiiar to Quantico, NAS Oceana, Fentress Air Field, etc.
and they list a # for questions.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Brett

Ok , Belvoir is easy, I think. You must have the IBEP or equivalent to the BowHunterSafetyCourse.
You have to pay your $25 bucks or what ever it is now, you then use what ever you are going to hunt with Compound, Recurve, Stick bow ect... and shoot 2 out of 3 arrows into a 9" circle at 20 yards, make the first 2 and you don't need to shoot the 3rd.
Pull your arrows and step back to 30 yards and do it again. YOU MUST QUALIFY WITH BROADHEADS and it is not elavated and is an inside range. make those things and your in.
Belvoir does not regconize crossbows unless you are handicapped, it does not matter what VA law is, Belvoir does not accept it as a hunting weapon with out a doctors sign off.
Qualifying starts around Aug.
I like Belvoir because once your in a slot to hunt, your in it, there is NO PREFERENCE for anybody, including military.
You have more than enough time to get back to check in after a hunt and tracking.you don't have to get down early, like Quantico. Plenty of deer, not as many as 15 years ago but still alot and healthier.
Also an archery club to join if you want, you don't have to join the Belvoir Bowhunters to hunt there but if you want to...
http://www.belvoirbowhunters.com
you can see some pretty good pictures there of some of the deer that have come off the base. I have a few on there....

let me know, If I can help ya in any way I will, if you need anybody to hunt with , we may be able to do that too, I am picky about that though, LOL I pretty much know everybody that hunts there, let me know. I can give any information I have, I run several game cameras durring scouting and have some pretty good sheds from there as well.
Let me know.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not only are they extending the late antlerless seasons next year in Prince William, Fairfax, Loudon & adding Fauquier to the list, but they're starting 1 Sept. from what I've heard.