South Carolina Hunt clubs

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

South Carolina Hunt clubs

Old 01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Spike

Default South Carolina Hunt clubs

Hello,
I am from Pennsylvania and traveled around workingwith my wife in Health care. I had worked in Columbia South Carolina and really enjoyed the fishing oppertunities. Now that my wife and I unfortunatlyseperated, I would like to take a full time postion back down in South Carolina. I really didn't not see to much hunting land available like we have in Pennsylvania. I may be wrong, but it seems like we have alot of land to hunt. We have sportmens clubs were guy just hang out shoot guns,bows and just talk about Hunting. Are there any sportmens clubs,trap ranges or archery rangesin the Columbia south Carolina region? also, is there alot of huntable land that is open to the public in the area? I want to relocate back down there but I love Hunting and I just want to make sure that there is good hunting possibilities. You all have nice seasons but I am sure about the huntable land. Also, I love to shoot archery,guns and that is hard to do in the apartment complex. Any information would be helpful.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: South Carolina Hunt clubs

From what I understand, hunting in the Southeast is a lot different from hunting in your part of the country. Most people who hunt here do so in hunting clubs. We have the timber companies to thank for this. They started leasing out their land...so hunting clubs were born.

You can still find people that will let you hunt on their land for free, but they are a rare find. SC has some great public land in certain parts of the state.

For the most part, if you want a chance at nice bucks you need to get into a club who manages their bucks or lease your own land.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will be disappointed compared to PA.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

I think you will be disappointed compared to PA.
This all depends on the person. We have the longest deer season in the US. We also have the most liberal bag limits. Actually, we don't have any limits.

SC hunters are catching on. There have been some great bucks killed the past few years. There should be some kind of management program in places in the next few years. Or at least we hope.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

there are clubs like you mentioned and then there are hunting clubs that you see people when hunting is going on but nobody in the off season. i go to one club that everyone is laid back and really friendly and hunts deer ,hogs,turkey,varmints etc . no fancy club just a bunch of good people. i know of clubs with buildings and fancy facilities and stuff but they cost a lot to keep up. if i can help in any way let me know . i went on the search two years ago when i came back home and really enjoy the club im in
Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Spike

How do you search for a hunt club? while I was down there working, I asked around and looked into the phone directory but I did not get any information on Hunting clubs. what is the average cost of joining a hunting club? I would like to find one so I can occasionaly go out after work in the Columbia area.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

look in the sunday paper and the trader that you find in gas stations, also go to the hunting show in february