Bears!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bears!

Great, now we have drugged crazed huge bears running around Ocala!!! (-:
Old 12-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Great, now we have drugged crazed huge bears running around Ocala!!!"...doesn't sound much different than some folks i have met out there, lol......

i thought it was drugged, but i had to ask, lol.....i haven't been able to go on any bear calls, other than dead ones and neighbors asking questions....but i hope too ....i was told as there's a need in my area, that i'll be able to go, just haven't had enoughcalls yet........i've got alot of learning to do.....i can't wait....thanks for posting the pic....
Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

That is a beautiful animal. It looks like he was in the middle of brushing his teeth when you darted him.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted in Jefferson county this year and had more problem with bears than ever before. My 4 year old son and I went to our club to check on some of the spots I had picked to bow hunt and we walked up on a HUGE sow and a cub at only about 30 to 35 steps. That was by far the scariest time I can remeber as a parent so far. My son will not go back to the club with me at all now. I have had them take my trail cameras off the tree with there mouth, just all kinds of problems. I wish they would let us kill some of them.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

I hunted in Jefferson county this year and had more problem with bears than ever before. My 4 year old son and I went to our club to check on some of the spots I had picked to bow hunt and we walked up on a HUGE sow and a cub at only about 30 to 35 steps. That was by far the scariest time I can remeber as a parent so far. My son will not go back to the club with me at all now. I have had them take my trail cameras off the tree with there mouth, just all kinds of problems. I wish they would let us kill some of them.
Back in the 80's and 90's I hunted Aucilla WMA inWakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties. Encounted bears in the 3 counties. I was telling Huntnma about the Bears, Palms and Climbing Stands when the palms are in berries!It's a No,No in these counties.

The State and the Paper companies have ruined Aucilla WMA![:@]
Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: n.florida hunter

Back in the 80's and 90's I hunted Aucilla WMA inWakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties. Encounted bears in the 3 counties. I was telling Huntnma about the Bears, Palms and Climbing Stands when the palms are in berries!It's a No,No in these counties.

The State and the Paper companies have ruined Aucilla WMA![:@]

wish you would of told me BEFORE, lol..........and i was in Orange county, you said nothing about Orange county, lol......[>:]
Old 12-24-2007, 04:17 AM

We have 5 acres in lake county just east of sorrento on 46 and over the years the bears have killed several of our goats and one came upon the porch and was looking in the plate glass door..i tried everything to get rid of them, including calling the FWC..all they said was, if we move one, another will just come by so they did nothing..i finally put up an electric fence and haven't seen a bear in two years..yes they need to kill off some and soon before someone gets killed..