Preachers: If you're hunting Sunday morning, you are not in church giving your 10% Angry spouses: More time..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Reasons people oppose Sunday hunting >

Reasons people oppose Sunday hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Reasons people oppose Sunday hunting

Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reasons people oppose Sunday hunting

I take my Bible with me whereever I go...including to the woods to hunt on Sunday morning...the woods are my church a lot of the time...more time to think, reflect and contemplate life/religion there withouthaving thoughtscluttered by a congregation of people. My God is always with me and my church is important to me...no matter where I am on Sunday.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Hey wahoo hunter, maybe if you read the title of this thread you will see that I have not cast all religous people or preachers into one group. This thread is about people who oppose hunting on Sunday, and they are listed according to their reason for that opposition.

I believe the definition of oppose is "to offer resistance".

There are plenty of people who choose not to hunt on Sunday for personal religous views but do not mind if others do. These people are clearly NOT OPPOSED to hunting on Sunday, they just choose not to participate. This thread is not about them.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Hey I noticed these replies have been to what I wrote..I honestly thought I wrote a nice, non threatening ,non judgemental reply..what is the deal??
Chuck,

My post wasn't geared towards you brother. I don't know about anyone else on here though. My post was the way I see it frommy religious perspective. From reading some of these posts,I'm sure there are others who do not feel the same.Actually, I think that religion isn't the only reason why we have no hunting on Sunday, however,it is one of the biggest topics that people like tobring up when discussing hunting on Sunday. Politics is probably a close second.Happy Holidays!

VA
Old 12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Happy Holidays!

VA

Right back at ya..Maybe one reason I don';t oppose it..is because we have 3 months of hunting deer in FLorida if you count archery..Also I;m a teacher with 3 weeks off.That helps alot.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think that individual beliefs about not hunting on sunday should be respected. For example, many of my parents neighbors are Mennonites and don't hunt on sunday and they dont want others hunting on their land as well. So, while i may walk across their ground to get to my land, i wont shoot anything there on sundays. However, there is a BIG difference between respecting the rights of individuals and imposing that belief on everyone else.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is not about them.
that's what i'm sayin champ...you can have reasons why people oppose hunting without even grouping those that oppose it into groups..."not about them," there shouldn't even be a "them"....there should be reasons "as to why" and it should be left at that...takin shots at people never has a pretty resolution

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

However, there is a BIG difference between respecting the rights of individuals and imposing that belief on everyone else.
its always such a touchy subject when dealing with who is right and who is wrong...by allowing hunting on sundays, some may feeel that that would be imposing our beliefs upon those who don't hunt...and i know your response is gonnna be "well, they don't have to hunt"...but some will still feel that their freedom has been intruded as they will not be able to just go stroll through the woods without the worry of running into a hunter or something...i hate playin devil's advocate, but without truly compelling reasons, how will the ban ever be overturned?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately there is a "them" and dang it, they just will notgo away! They persist and continue to ruin my life.

The whole point was toruffle a few feathers.Was it mature? No. Did it make me feel good? Yes, for about 5 minutes I was very pleased.

I'm bored with it nowthough,as I'm sure everyone else is.

So maybe we can agree to just let this thread slip away.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wahoo,

I'm not sure how many people who are not hunters actually go strolling thru the woods in mid-December. I'm sure that those who wish to do so can find plenty of places to go for a walk without encountering hunters. And that perspective doesn't even address why people can't hunt on their own private land since no one else should even be there walking about unless they are trespassing.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try really hard not to hunt on Sunday unless it is deer season.

Seriously though, I will miss 2-3 Sundays a year for hunting, and I miss about that many more at junior cattle shows with my sons. My church sponsors a sportsman's banquet, dove hunt, and a offshore fishing trip each year, so I guess you can say that my church is "sportsman friendly".
Old 12-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting or not, I've just never understood why someone needs to sit in a building to know God. I believe, I worship, I respect.....in my way on my time. One doesn't have to sit in a santuary surrounded by others bowing their heads to pay their respects to our creator. He only needs to step outside, breathe the air and enjoy HIS creations.

Quick Reply: Reasons people oppose Sunday hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.