Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Big Muzzle Loader Buck Down

ORIGINAL: VA5326

Well I finally got my mount back. I got it a month or so ago just forgot to post it.
Very Nice!..............Congrat's
Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking mount bro. How did the season in Fluvanna go this year?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Honestly I had a better season in Northern Virginia than I did in Fluvanna. I did take two mature does in Fluvanna though.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM

good looking deer
Old 01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nice deer - those Virginia headsetsare getting bigger. Good job.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

I Did not join 2 years ago(after 25 years) because i had much better places to go here in nova. the last couple of my years there w/ morlen i only paid dues--never even made it into the woods. plus it was a 100 mile drive. traffic on 95 on thru fredericksburg made my decision not to join easier. they do get some real lunker racks out of morlen every now and then. but the body size of loudoun,fauquier, and fairfax are much larger than fluvanna. it does nto help that they hit the ground running when born down there because of all the dogs
Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: o2bebowhunting

I Did not join 2 years ago(after 25 years) because i had much better places to go here in nova. the last couple of my years there w/ morlen i only paid dues--never even made it into the woods. plus it was a 100 mile drive. traffic on 95 on thru fredericksburg made my decision not to join easier. they do get some real lunker racks out of morlen every now and then. but the body size of loudoun,fauquier, and fairfax are much larger than fluvanna. it does nto help that they hit the ground running when born down there because of all the dogs
I know exactly what your talking about. I experience the exact same thing every year and it seems to be getting worse as the years progress. Deer sightings seem to be getting fewer and fewer out there.The drive is terrible from NOVA to Fluvanna in traffic.Nothing against the dogs, but after the first two weeks of gun season in Fluvanna the deer are gone unless the dogs are hot on them. I saw 6 deer last night while hunting less than20 minutes from where I live. I still love going out to Fluvanna though.I've been hunting thereas far back as I can remember. BTW-the president of Morlen shot an absolute MONSTERP&Y10 point the year before last on the last day of the season.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

That deer youur talking about was killed by a guy named wayne. buck is the president. i did hear it was a monster. both buck and wayne are good friends and clients of mine. i will post a pic of buck and a deer he killed in 2001 about 250 yards from where i washunting that morning. its the biggest deer i ever saw out of fluvanna. it only weighed 146 lbs dressed. they are in the dmap program so the use a scale for each kill.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

I know Buck and talk to him everytime I see him ......he's a great guy.I didn't think Buck was the Pres. I thought Wayne was.I personally saw the deerin the back of his truck (on his ATV)when I was pulling out of the GM after dark. He just happened to drive by as I was shutting the gate. Needless to say he was beside himself and it was a WHOPPER.