Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Were didi they go in SC >

Were didi they go in SC

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Were didi they go in SC

Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Were didi they go in SC

Everyone on our club as seeing nothing does anyone else have that happening right now.I know they Hunker down after the rut but we are not even seeing does nothing. and its warm wich isnt helping
Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Default RE: Were didi they go in SC

Same here man. What part of SC are you in?
Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

This heat wave hurt the movement alot but also they are real gun shy by now. Our long hunting seasons and liberal limits put alot of pressure on the deer. Its going to cool off this weekend so that should help the movement alot. Good luck and be safe.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

im in columbia and hunt eastover hunt club, we see hogs but no deer well very little, one guy i spoke to said he is seeing movement mid day
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 PM

im in nc and know a few people in different clubs. they say its like deer fell of the face of the earth. not may are seeing anything at all. no one knows, drout? warm weather? ?????????????
Old 12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in the mountain unit and we have had the same problem. Our problem is no food right know. We didn't have any acorns. We had persimmons at the first of season but thats it other than honey suckels now.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have spoken to several of the guys at the club and they are seeing deer mid day between 10 and 2 crossing the roads . so they must be looking for food. i checked my hog stands today and they are getting hit right at dark.
im corning up and see what happens
Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Went up near Newberry Friday and had five stands on two different tracts of property covered all afternoon after the rain stopped and no one saw a single deer. Most of the stands were on pretty green food plots but nothing was hungry enough to show up before dark.They must be mostly nocturnal now.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Typical Buck

we are see'n the same thing here in Va. rut started off with a bang nov.13th,,,saw alot of action thru the 15th and then GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not seein anything,,even hit on the roads???
Old 12-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

They say Blue tough has killed over 60% of the deer in Tn. NC, SC the DNR said it could take up to 10 years for the deer herd to recover,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.