Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard? >

VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?

Old 11-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?

A few rubs showing up in Patrick Co. but no signs of chasing does yet! Rut is about a week off this year
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday(18th) was the most aggressive day of the rut I have ever witnessed. Didn't arrow anything but the quantity of bucks chasing does was unbelievable...I saw at least 8 different bucks, 1-2 shooters. I grunted in a nice buck to 30 yards but he wouldn't come out of the cover before dark.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday here in Va was absolutley wild!! seen deer all day,buck cahsin does at 10am when we left came back at 2:?? and deer were already out, buddy had buck on the ground by 3:00It was great. they were ruttin hard.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

VAShadow and buckmaster,

What counties are you hunting witnin??????????? That info would help everyone reading and monitoring this post for rut activity. Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Dinwiddie County(west of Sussex and about 25 miles east of Fort Pickett), Accomac & Quinby (Eastern Shore), and theChesapeake/VA Beach & NE NC area (Gates, Moyock). I know you asked the other guys I just thought I would chime in. I also hunted a littleup near Appomattox & Lynchburg but that was early this season(Oct. 20) so I can't really speak about the western or northern parts of the state nowbut I did seea little pre-rut activity then. The rut seems to be in full swing in most of the areas I mentioned firstI just worry about how the opening of the general firearms seaon throughout most of VA is going to effect the deer.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted in Madison County on Saturday and by 8 a.m. had seen three different bucks chasing does. I ended up shooting the biggest, an 8 point with a 16 inch inside spread and great mass. I have pics, but can not post them. I can email them if someone is willing to post. My buddy missed a nice six point that evening from the same spot. I talked to a few guys from Fluvanna who got bucks, but did not see any signs of the rut.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

new61375 and Coryj,

Thanks for the info. I was most interested to hear about madison and appomattox.
I can't wait to get backin the woods. I'll have to wait until Thanksgiving thru Sat.

Coryj,

Send me a pic at [email protected]
I hunt Madison County quite a bit. Just outside of Orange on the Culpepper side of rt15.

Keep the updates coming. This info is very useful for us VA hunters. Some pictures of this years harvests would be great.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

tourangeaud,

Ihave a thread Titled: My Field Journal in this same forum, it's just random stuff from this season as well as some photos with more photos to come.
I am always interested in what other folks are seeing ad doing nearby as well, I use it to save info from my notes I write while hunting but if it can help anyone that's good too.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM

The rut is on and I had to push my vacation out until the 30th of the month. THAT BITES!!! I didn't like doing it but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The only good thing I see out of my pushing the days out until the 30th is (I'm hoping and praying) that most folks are back at work during the 1st week of December.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Yesterday(18th) was the most aggressive day of the rut I have ever witnessed. Didn't arrow anything but the quantity of bucks chasing does was unbelievable...I saw at least 8 different bucks, 1-2 shooters. I grunted in a nice buck to 30 yards but he wouldn't come out of the cover before dark.
I'll 2nd that for yesterday as well. Today should be good, I'll be in the woods from noon till dark!

Quick Reply: VA Hunters, bucks still rutting hard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.