HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   SC Buck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/217313-sc-buck.html)

Pupuchito 11-12-2007 03:03 PM

SC Buck!

Hi Everyone,
Just got back from my trip to SC and was blessed by God to be able tokill this 8pt. I'll provide details later. I think he was rough scored at about 130.

Chuck7 11-12-2007 03:10 PM

RE: SC Buck!

Nice deer man...Way to go!!!;)

coolbrze0 11-12-2007 03:53 PM

nice buck, what's his spread?

Lubricious 11-12-2007 04:55 PM

Nice! Its got to be 18 or more.

floridabucks 11-13-2007 06:42 AM

Nicely done

guntercb 11-13-2007 06:45 AM

Pupuchito,

Where in SC were you hunting? Are you a member of a club up there? I have family in Columbia and Charleston and have thought about joining a club up there.

Great buck.

Cheers,
Chris

Rebel Hog 11-13-2007 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Pupuchito

Hi Everyone,
Just got back from my trip to SC and was blessed by God to be able tokill this 8pt. I'll provide details later. I think he was rough scored at about 130.
Hey Pupu, WTG man! Great SC8pt!....Congrat's

Chuck7 11-13-2007 09:22 AM

A wall hanger indeed..:)

dakine999 11-13-2007 10:46 AM

Great looking buck!

Pupuchito 11-13-2007 11:16 AM

Thanks everyone!
I truly do feel blessed to be able to take that buck. It is hard to put into words how I feel because this is the goal most of us hunters want to acheive that of killing a nice buck.

Anyways, it had a 19 and a half inch inside spread. I was hunting with an outfitter that I have hunted with before. This was my third time there in the last 4 years. It is Terry Hiers with Blackwater Hunting Services in Ulmer. He does advertise on this site. He has 6600 acres that are spread out throughout Barnwell county(no fences if you were wondering). I was there with my 2 brothers, nephewand the pastor from my church.

To be quite honest, the hunting was not great as it seems we hit the tail end of the rut. I was the only one of eight of us there to shoot a buck. Blackwater has a minimum inside spread of 12 inches for bucks.

I shot it on my first evening. Two does came out and i saw another deer in the woods and I glassed it and it spotted me so I had to freeze what seemed like an eternity. Finally it moved out into the clear cut with the other 2 does and it was a doe. About 5 to 10 minutes later out stepped this buck at 85 yards. As soon as his head cleared the woods, I knew he was shooter and put the cross hairs on him and the rest is history.

Again, thanks everyone for the congrats. Oh and thanks Rebfor putting the picture in the post, I am not quite sure how to do that(any tips would be appreciated)
Steve

I wil post a few more pictures when I get them on this computer(i'm at work)