Monster VA buck >

Monster VA buck

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Monster VA buck

Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Monster VA buck

Funny...I got this email earlier today and the title was "NC State Record". I, too remember seeing the same picture last year and it was another state's "record". Hate to say it, but this is an awesome deer, but the exact same pic has been floating around cyberspace for a while.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Spike

well i guess im just a liar. i have nothing better in my life but to make **** up. think what you want. [:@]
Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Fast Food.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Buddy of mine from New Kent sent me that picture yesterday but said it was killed in Southhampton co....
Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for posting..that deer is truly a monster buck.WOW!!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Hampton but hunt in Southampton, and the game warden hunts with us. We also just had our annual land owners dinner and had 200 people at our huntclub, and there was not any talk of that deer. I had the picture on my computer last year and when I put them together they are the same picture.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

This awesome non-typical, scoring 246 3/8, is Kentucky’s No. 1 buck from the 2006-2007 season. It ranks 5th on the state’s all-time list of B&C non-typical whitetails. Taxidermy by Martin Meredith.

Trust me this deer was killed in Ky on public ground by an Amish hunter. It was killed on the Pennyrile State Forest. This buck has been reported to have been killed from several states. If you google the "Pennyrile Buck" you will see for yourself.
[/align]
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a story on it.

The Pennyrile Buck

[hr]

Is this the largest non-typical ever taken on public land?
By Lee McClellan

Dan Miller dropped to his knees once he saw the 21-point buck that he’d just shot during a state quota hunt at Pennyrile Wildlife Management Area. “Do you realize what you’ve done?” his son-in-law asked.
“Well,” Miller replied, “I have a big buck.”
“No,” his son-in-law responded. “You have a Boone and Crockett buck.”
Miller, a teacher at an Amish school in Horse Cave, took the non-typical monster last November with a 70-yard shot from a 7mm Savage Model 110. The deer scored 246 3/8 in the Boone and Crockett Club system. David Yancy, senior deer biologist for the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, said he’s not aware of a bigger non-typical buck taken on public hunting land in Kentucky.
Miller didn’t get a chance to do any scouting before the hunt, but his cousin put him in a good spot – a two-mile hike from the road.
He set up in a hilly area with plenty of white oak trees. “I didn’t see a thing all morning, but I stayed in the woods,” Miller said. “I thought I didn’t have a lot of daylight time left. He just appeared out of nowhere. I feel he just got up from where he was laying on that hillside. I was watching that hillside constantly. He snuck in.”
The white oak trees were the key. “I saw the deer slowly walking and he was facing away from me,” Miller said. “He had his head down and was eating acorns. He was real calm. He didn’t move two steps. He didn’t know anything was going on.”
The oblivious buck turned and gave Miller a good shot. “He was right there and I let him have it, but he disappeared,” he said. The buck wandered about 200 yards.

Dan Miller walked two miles through the woods for a shot at this buck. It ranks second on the state's list of non-typical deer killed by a hunter.
Photo courtesy of Martin Meredith

“When I got up on him, he was a lot bigger than I thought,” Miller continued. “I saw that big drop tine and I got excited. I lost it. I starting counting tines and I couldn’t remember how many he had.”
Hunters frequently stopped by Miller’s house to see the huge buck until he sent it to the taxidermist. “I never realized,” Miller said, “how much excitement a big deer can cause.”
Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Case closed
Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Eastern va

well i guess im just a liar. i have nothing better in my life but to make **** up. think what you want. [:@]
apparently so lol

Quick Reply: Monster VA buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.