Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 THE WORST SOUND U CAN HEAR IN THE WOODS? >

THE WORST SOUND U CAN HEAR IN THE WOODS?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

THE WORST SOUND U CAN HEAR IN THE WOODS?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: THE WORST SOUND U CAN HEAR IN THE WOODS?

Maybe the sound of a bear trap snapping shut under you as you take your morning constitution.

I went to a summer camp at Kolomoki Mounds State Part about 45 years ago........
Old 09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

The worst for me is to be on my trail to my stand--And step in amongst a covey of quail---The sound of there wings and the beating against your pants leg---Makes you glad you done did your morning constitution.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Spike

I would have to say spooking a hog in the dark. Normally when I walk to my stand I don't use my flashlight because I can see well enough to make my way and the trails to my stands are normally easy to follow. Hearing that "SOOOOOEEEEEEEE" ten feet infront of youcould possiblyshake a deuce loose.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

To be honest...

Once I was deep in a swamp and in a turkey blind...I then heard three separate gators around me bellowing for about a half an hour. I started praying immediately ..and confessing my sins.[]

click to hear the bellow sound ..imagine three around you..[X(]
mp3
Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM

another 1 is getting 30 ft up taking ur quiver off to hear it hit the ground as soon as u stand up
Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 AM

Climbing with a climber stand hearing the bottom section slide down the tree at about 15 foot. Probably the reason everyone learns to tie the two parts together.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 PM

Dogs barking. But a very close second is taking a vacation day to hunton a federal refuge and have someone 150 yardsfrom you shoot, then get on the phone and talk in a normal voice to his buddy, THEN walk through the woods with his moron friend chatting (yelling) to each other!!!But itactually got worse- another idiotiswalking behind me saying '"oh, sorry ma'am, I'm looking for my buddy that got lost. Didn't know you were there".HEELLLOOO -you're on PUBLIC land- there are other hunters in the area - be considerate!!! IDIOTS[:@][:@]

Sorry, obviously I'm still trying to get over the frustration (it was this past Monday).
Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

The trespasser on your property taking a greasy dump less than 20 yards away from you. You know the kind, long night of mexican food and beer.

The retaliation sound is chucking rocks in random directions around him as he's trying to finish,standup and get his pants up.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM

mine is about 8 o clock in the morning hearing the kids next to my property start their four wheelers up and just take off through the woods. then about 9 I will hear break out their 22's and start takin some target practice. kinda makes me want to go over there and let them have it.

[/align]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beezer

Worse sound to me is a dog barking. If I don't hunt, my son won't put the dogs out until noon. If I'm in the woods hunting, he's got them chained up outside howling, whining and barking at 7am. It's been so bad I had to call the house from the stand and tell him to either duct tape their mouths shut or put them back inside. Between the deer dogs everywhere else and the two in my front yards my blood just boils. Aggravating, frustrating mess listening to yap, yap, yap coming from four different directions at one time and knowing every deer within a mile is either running another direction or hiding and trembling with fear.
This used to be mine until last Saturday. I sat from 6am to 1pm in a wet seat and off and on rain. About 1pm I heard deer dogs in the woods on property they don't belong on. After about 10 minutes I stood up to see two does, one big and fat, come running by my stand not missing a beat. If I'd had the shotgun I'd be eating backstraps or roast tonight, but I wasn't going to waste an arrow and broadhead, and wound a deer for nothing.

Quick Reply: THE WORST SOUND U CAN HEAR IN THE WOODS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.