HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   What do u Scent Down with In Hot Florida (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/207615-what-do-u-scent-down-hot-florida.html)

todd a smith 09-18-2007 06:26 PM

What do u Scent Down with In Hot Florida

i was wondering because of the climate. really hot and i would imagine lots of bugs??

Chuck7 09-18-2007 06:33 PM

RE: What do u Scent Down with In Hot Florida

I wash my clothes in baking soda...
I wear military digital camos ..

bubba3224 09-18-2007 07:33 PM

i also wear a miltary pair of pants kinda light green and use thermacell

Chuck7 09-19-2007 02:58 AM

Here's my son who was stationed in Cuba..He gave me a pair like he is wearing.I like them alot..

gators1422 09-19-2007 07:46 AM

I forget the wind and just hunt. Not because i have scent blocker but because I just don't know how you could do it like they do on TV. You would sweat to death down here. I try to spray scent away on me and get 18 t0 25 feet in the tree when i hunt. Sure I have been busted but I have had them walk right in also, that is hunting. I would love to see one of those Drury boys come down here and do that scent block stuff they would be miserable in the stand.

Chuck7 09-19-2007 08:55 AM

My only bust I beleive is not being high enough in the tree. The hogs seemto be able to smell better than the deer.

bryant1 09-19-2007 02:42 PM

Climb high, wear rubber boots,spraysome scent killer,and use a thermacell. I would really like to see someone in one of those 'scent blocker' suits down here!

Rebel Hog 09-19-2007 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I wash my clothes in baking soda...
I wear military digital camos ..

Same here on the washand I buy mymilitary camo atthe Thrift Store or Army Surplus Store.

Pupuchito 09-19-2007 05:26 PM

I wear 2 layers and one is my scentlok and I use my thermacell for the bugs. I have been blessed to not sweat too much. I sit 12ft up or on the ground and when I get busted it is usually movement not scent. I have hogs and deer come right under my stand. I guess I am not a stinky fellow:D

Chuck7 09-19-2007 05:39 PM

I sit 12ft up or on the ground and when I get busted it is usually movement not scent. I have hogs and deer come right under my stand. I guess I am not a stinky fellow:D

That's pretty darn good..I've been 14 foot up and seen the hair raise on asow's back as she neared my tree.I knew she smelled me.