HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   a lil secret about crooms u might not know (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/207559-lil-secret-about-crooms-u-might-not-know.html)

bubba3224 09-18-2007 12:19 PM

a lil secret about crooms u might not know

you are allowed to archery hunt the motorcycle area and ive seen some promising bucks and nice hogs there(there isnt many hogs in the hunting area because forestry traps them thats why croom has some really nice deer.last year during gernal gun i seen a herd of deer on power line grade probly about 30 deer at once

Chuck7 09-18-2007 12:27 PM

RE: a lil secret about crooms u might not know

Appreciate the heads up .
C7

pm69442 09-18-2007 12:27 PM

question mark......crooms......

bubba3224 09-18-2007 04:43 PM

but ill goahead and warn u(dont get caught with a crossbow in there)

Rebel Hog 09-18-2007 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bubba3224

but ill goahead and warn u(dont get caught with a crossbow in there)
The Reg's say different...:)

Croom.............General Area Regulations..........Reg. 9

bubba3224 09-18-2007 07:38 PM

Regulations Unique to the General Gun Season - In addition to these
regulations, all General Area Regulations shall apply. Hunting with
bows is allowed in the Croom Motorcycle Area.

Rebel Hog 09-19-2007 07:08 AM

[align=left]Regulations Unique to the General Gun Season - In addition to these[/align][align=left]regulations, all General Area Regulations shall apply. Hunting with[/align]bows is allowed in the Croom Motorcycle Area.

Go back tomy Post, Click on Croom, go all the way down to the Map, look what it says on the Map Legend about Motorcycle Area........Archery Only.....

Fl does not permit Cross Bows during Archery and Croomonly permits Archeryin the Motorcycle Area no matter what season.In FL, Cross Bows are not considered Archery.

bubba3224 09-19-2007 10:04 AM

u need to learn how to read i saID FIRST OF ALL NO CROSSBOWS ARCHERY ONLY IN THE MOTORCYCLE AREA IVE HUNTER IT FOR 4 YEARS NOW

Rebel Hog 09-19-2007 10:59 AM

u need to learn how to read i saID FIRST OF ALL NO CROSSBOWS ARCHERY ONLY IN THE MOTORCYCLE AREA IVE HUNTER IT FOR 4 YEARS NOW
I have been to every WMA in FL more than once! Have been to Croom many times and you are telling me I need to know how to read?......You must be a very young Kid or a real Bubba![8D]

floridabucks 09-21-2007 05:01 PM

Reb and Bubba,
Hey guys, you are arguing the same point here. No need to get fired up when you agree on the topic at hand.

You are both saying that compounds/recurves are allowed in the motorcycle area, but that crossbows are not allowed. I hunt Croom often and have read the regs, and I agree with both of you.

Sorry to intrude, but don't start a war when you are fighting on the same side.

floridabucks 09-21-2007 05:05 PM

As for the Archery in Croom:
Does it mean the motorcycle area is open for Archery just during general gun? Or during all hunting seasons at croom? I have never been able to decipher the regs on this one. Help me out here Reb, you seem pretty proficient in the regulations.

Rebel Hog 09-21-2007 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: floridabucks

As for the Archery in Croom:
Does it mean the motorcycle area is open for Archery just during general gun? Or during all hunting seasons at croom? I have never been able to decipher the regs on this one. Help me out here Reb, you seem pretty proficient in the regulations.
Mike open this upCroom, go to Map, look what it says on the map legend for the Motorcycle Area...........Archery Only! The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....

floridabucks 09-21-2007 06:02 PM

The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....
Yeah I still get that.

I was wondering about when you could hunt in the motorcycle area. But now looking at the regs, I realize that it is only during general gun and that hunting the motorcycle area during muzzleloader is prohibited.

Thanks for the link though.

Chuck7 09-21-2007 06:12 PM

Hey Mike..if you ever need a partner to go to Croom..I'd be glad to split the gas .....I've never been there and wouldn't mind exploring somethng new..same as Arbuncle..

I'd split the deer with ya if I got one. or hog.

Rebel Hog 09-21-2007 06:19 PM

RE: a Lil secret about crooms u might not know

ORIGINAL: florida bucks

The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....
Yeah I still get that.

I was wondering about when you could hunt in the motorcycle area. But now looking at the regs, I realize that it is only during general gun and that hunting the motorcycle area during muzzleloader is prohibited.

Thanks for the link though.
Mike, the Motorcycle Area is Archery only no matter whatseason it is, Period!

Background Report
Survey Results and Staff Recommendation

[/align]January 25, 2005

[/align]The question of allowing cross
Expanded Use of Crossbows for Hunting

[/align]Crossbows[/b] during muzzleloading gun season was reviewed at the September 2004 Commission meeting. During that review, staff reported that there was inadequate information regarding the attitudes of Florida hunters on this issue. As a result, the Commision directed staff to complete a survey of Florida hunters to determine their preferences regarding expanded use of crossbows[/b]. The purpose of this report is to present the results of this survey and provide other background information to support further discussion of this issue. A telephone survey was completed during November of 2004 through a contract with the Florida Government Performance Survey Research Center in the College of Communication at Florida State University. A total of 418 individuals were surveyed from a random sample of licensed hunters focusing on those who had hunted deer in Florida during the past three years. This sample size provided an error rate of plus or minus 5%. The survey results provided insight into current ownership and use of crossbows[/b] in Florida. In the total sample, 7% indicated they owned a crossbow, and 2% indicated they had used a crossbow to hunt deer in Florida during the past 3 years. For comparison, 95% had used a modern firearm, and 60% had used archery equipment during the past 3 years.

[/align]WMAs and Other Public Lands:

[/align]Survey questions were developed to ascertain preferences of licensed Florida

[/align]hunters relative to use of crossbows[/b] on WMAs and other public lands. Of those who

[/align]completed the survey and expressed an opinion, 45% favored a change to allow

[/align]crossbows[/b] during archery season and 44% favored a change to allow crossbows[/b]

[/align]during muzzleloading gun season on WMAs or other public lands.

[/align]Private Lands:

[/align]Licensed hunters in the total sample were asked about their preferences relative to

[/align]use of crossbows[/b] on private lands. Of those who completed the survey and

[/align]expressed an opinion, 51% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during

[/align]archery season, and 52% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during

[/align]muzzleloading gun season.

[/align]Survey results were analyzed to determine preferences of just those licensed

[/align]hunters who indicated they had hunted on private lands during the past 3 years

[/align](74% of the total sample; error rate plus or minus 6%). Of those who expressed

[/align]an opinion, 53% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during archery or

[/align]muzzleloading gun season on private lands.

New Crossbow Season Gives Hunters More Opportunity

Crossbow hunters and bowhunters will be happy to know the new crossbow season is just around the corner.
The new season, established for this year, provides additional opportunities for hunters wishing to use crossbows. It also lengthens the overall hunting season and extends the number of days conventional bowhunters can use their bows, since bows now are legal for taking game during all hunting seasons.
The added season is limited to private lands and restricts harvest to bucks only. Crossbow season does not apply to wildlife management areas.
The season is between the archery season and muzzleloading gun season in the South and Central hunting zones. Crossbow season lasts five days and runs Oct. 9-13 in the South Hunting Zone and Oct. 23-27 in the Central Zone.
In the Northwest Hunting Zone, the season runs one week: from the Monday following Thanksgiving (Nov. 27) through Dec. 3.
The most common game to take during crossbow season are deer, wild hogs and bearded turkeys.

[/align][/b]

floridabucks 09-21-2007 07:54 PM

Reb,
I understand that crossbow is not allowed at Croom or WMA's period. We are chasing each other in circles here. I was previously commenting on what dates we could archery hunt (with bow and arrow) in th emotorcycle area at croom. Everyone understands that you can not use a crossbow.

I have a lot of respect for you and your opinions/comments voiced on this site. But for goodness sakes, please stop kicking a dead horse. I'm not sure if you are being misguidingly helpful, or stubborn as all heck, but lets both just drop this conversation before losing respect for one another.

Perhaps I could have chosen better words to show you that I understand...maybe its just hard for us to geta point across over the computer on this.

floridabucks 09-21-2007 07:56 PM

Chuck,
I would definitely be up for that. Lets try something later on in the season... I know we both have spots we have scouted to focus on now, but we can definitely go somewhere out soon.

Rebel Hog 09-21-2007 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: floridabucks

Perhaps I could have chosen better words to show you that I understand...maybe its just hard for us to geta point across over the computer on this.

Hey bro, I finally see where you are coming from!:)I have been researching Archery dates for Croom on the Motorcycle Area for the last hour and cannot find anything!:)I guess it's a call-in...:D

timbercruiser 09-21-2007 09:16 PM

I thought this was a Mississippi State thread when I opened it.........:)

floridabucks 09-21-2007 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I thought this was a Mississippi State thread when I opened it.........:)
You want in on this too?:)

floridabucks 09-21-2007 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Hey bro, I finally see where you are coming from!:)I have been researching Archery dates for Croom on the Motorcycle Area for the last hour and cannot find anything!:)I guess it's a call-in...:D
[/quote]

Glad we could get that straightened out. It was confusing the heck out of me!?!?[&:]:D
only 4 hours till I leave to hunt... its betterthan xmas eve!

Chuck7 09-22-2007 01:52 AM

Chuck,
I would definitely be up for that. Lets try something later on in the season... I know we both have spots we have scouted to focus on now, but we can definitely go somewhere out soon. Mike

Sounds good...also sounds like I need to invest in some snake boots.;)

foxchaser1013 11-09-2017 03:31 PM

Crossbows are allowed in motorcycle area during gun season

Originally Posted by bubba3224 (Post 2267283)

crossbows are allowed in motorcycle area during gun season