HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Mosquitos in FL Swamps (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/201294-mosquitos-fl-swamps.html)

floridabucks 08-08-2007 04:38 PM

Mosquitos in FL Swamps

Mosquitos are a constant issue for me here in Florida. I have always used 100% deet with good results, but often when the skeets are especially thick I have that constant buzzing in my ears from skeets that don't land but are still annoying as heck cause of the noise.

I've heard mixed reviews on therm-o-cells. What do you guys think about them? Any other thoughts on how to keeps those pesky things away?

UFunny2 08-08-2007 05:28 PM

RE: Mosquitos in FL Swamps

Two thumbs up on the thermocell....I have two in the camper, one on the boat, two at home and one in my hunting backpack.

rihmfire 08-08-2007 05:32 PM

Everyone I know that uses them, loves them...
I have yet to use mine...Had it for 2 years or more too!
I just try to stay as high as possible..
itsjust another thing to carry...and keep track of....
Bow hunting down here in florida is sometimes unbearable....
but i still go

Hunter06FlKy 08-08-2007 06:22 PM

the thermocells work really well as long as it isn't windy and you're staying in one place.

Chuck7 08-09-2007 02:59 AM

I use repellent..I buy the kind with a screw off lid. .this way there is no spray sound..I just put some in my hand and apply it on me.

huntnma 08-09-2007 03:43 AM

thermacell is the best......and if its windy, the skeeters arent gong to be bugging ya too much anyway.

drs1961 08-09-2007 06:41 AM

The best invention since the wheel! I make sure I keep several refills in stock.

bryant1 08-09-2007 07:07 AM

Buy one, i won' sit in a swamp without mine. I hate that buzzing too, I have had deer walk up behind me unknowingly because of this. Remember to switch the pad often, learn from my mistakes!

Pupuchito 08-22-2007 01:54 PM

I won't go out without it! I read some reviews on it from ESPN that said it wasn't good, but I have used mine for 3 years now and it works like a charm. Only concern is the scent. They say they are scentless, but I can smell it so I know the deer can too. But, if it is between spooking a deer and gettting carried off by mosquitos, I'll take the spooking most times. And I am a nut about scent. I will will wear my scent lock and under clothes in 90 plus weather.

Rebel Hog 08-22-2007 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

If you can't beat them, join them... then once you lure them into a false sense of security, jump on their back and beat them to a bloody pulp.

-jeff foxworthy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D