HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   New N.C. Urban Archery Rules.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/201136-new-n-c-urban-archery-rules.html)

Freezersfull 08-07-2007 09:07 PM

New N.C. Urban Archery Rules..

Well its that time again ..Go to Walmart..Pay good money just to kill them brown goats thats destroyed my vegatable garden AGAIN this year..They eat your garden and you have to pay the state to kill them..Sounds like a scam dont it..Oh well s%*@ happens !
I sit down to read my $40.00 20page little booklet and see those red words..Whats this?..Seems N.C. has a urban deer problem..My question is what took them so long? Reading the papers where deer wondered into supermarkets, peoples homes and the front door of our local newspaper here in town which destroyed the offices..LOL..i would give anything to seen that..I can just see me now hanging a stand in 100 yards in front the local beerjoint waiting for a monster beer ..I mean Deer..
Anyways Im wondering what others think about this proposed plan by this wonderful state? Also if anyone has a half acre lot across from a beerjoint pleez let me know so I can drink.. I mean hunt there..

Freezersfull

Freezersfull 08-07-2007 09:44 PM

RE: New N.C. Urban Archery Rules..

While sitting on the throne another discussion hit me andI felt compelled about asking this also:

When we do kill these animals in the city llimits. How are the neighbors going to react when hunters and their tracking dogs come busting through their backyard looking for drops of blood while using there spotlights and flashlights..I mean hell alot of deer Ive shot with a bow run off before they die and Ive spent hours looking for them. I think the state needs to put all this into consideration before allowing this..Just a point to ponder..

Freezersfull..

Digi 08-09-2007 01:32 PM

Sounds pretty good for someone who really likes deer meat. With a pile of corn in Feb. you could drop deer all day long. Now with the unlimited antlerless bonus cards you can do it legally.

I noticed that there are currently no participating towns. The rules state that apps have to be in by April 1 so I guess there will not be anywhere to participate this season.

coolbrze0 08-11-2007 05:49 AM

We've got both early & late urban archery seasons in some cities in VA.I'm lucky enough to live near Fairfax and I bowhunt the heck out of Chantilly, Clifton, anda couple other areas. The season starts 15 Sept. and goes until 29 March, it's a real problem here, I think the general consensus is people would rather have some deer shot than have as many deer/car collisions.

nctaxi 08-11-2007 08:19 AM

With proper shot placement you shouldn't have to track for hours. And why use dogs? I think it's a great idea and there will be some towns that will jump on board. Some of the areas that I hunt are within city limits and there are tons of deer. It's just gong to take time. I have a stand that I get into by streetlight, so it'll come. What I find funny is how you are complaining about your license fee. $40 isn't bad at all, there are other states that charge much more for resident licenses. Be glad that the WC is being proactive about this. And if you want to approach this right, inform the neighbors about your intentions, so that when you are tracking in their back yard, you aren't trespassing. The WC is trying to make thing better for us hunters and all some want to do is complain........

NC_Wildman 08-22-2007 07:35 PM

We should all start writing our Mayors and telling them that we support this. I could tag out in a week from my back porch!
Nothing would be better than having some Antifreak be sitting there eating there veggie burger and watching "bambi" frolick about out of there window. When out of knowherehere comes a flying stick out of there "Redneck Neighbors" pine tree and thump ol' "bambi"......