Quantico Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Quantico Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quantico Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Weekend Will Be My First Weekend Out Hunting This Year. Was Wondering If Anyone Has Been Hunting Quantico For Turkey Season Yet If So Herd Any Bird's Yet And If So What Areas? Also Interested In If Anyone Else Got Sum Good Deer Off Of Quantico This Past Year ?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quantico Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen birds during deer season, but I hunted gobblers there last season every weekend and never heard a bird. People say there are lots of turkeys on base. Hunters kill nice deer every year, I was after a good one during archery season but never sealed the deal.Good luck and be safe there are alot of hunters out there.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:17 AM

I would hunt the 1st area that borders Quantico Nationak Cemetery.I was in there a week ago shed hunting and they had it all torn up there was a bunch of them also.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah Thats 6c Bow Only. I went To 10C and heard 2 birds at around 8am nothing after that still learning how to turkey hunt my father and uncles dont so im teaching ym self how to on quantico i have alot of deer hunting experiance and quite a good hunter with gun and bow ive taken 22 deer in a spain of 7 years which some are very nice racked bucks i went to 14A didnt hear anything this past weekend going next weekend to try again hopefully get on one
Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

22 deer in your first 7 years thats impressive.I used to live right next to Quantico and I know there are alot of deer there.The whole Rt 1 corridor has alot of deer I used to shed hunt it from 1 end to the other with alot of success.
Do you use a mouth call ,slate or box?I always prefered a mouth call because it kept my hands free and I could practice with it while watched tv at night.Goodluck
Old 05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Mouth Call I Practiced it over the last summer and can use it good now just hard to find or roost the birds in quantico becuase u can go there at night other wise it would save use hunters half the battle so u have to walk in blind and hope you can roost one in the morning yeah ive shot sum good deer off quantico my best way a 9 point with a kicker off the back from 9B off Garissonville area of quantico dressed 116lbs and a 18 1/2 spread
Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 PM

A couple weks ago when I was there shed hunting.I noticed that there was a decent acorn crop and I concentrated on those and it appeared the turkeys did also because scratches were everwhere.I would start with the white oak flats if I were you.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:29 PM

I would start with white oak flats.When I was shed hunting there acouple of weeks ago I saw where they had gone to town on the white oak acorns