Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 In a bind..... >

In a bind.....

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

In a bind.....

Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default In a bind.....

This year hurt bad, lost nearly 500 acres of turkey land here in NC. I am trying to get my son his first gobbler and am running out of options. We live near Winston-Salem and am a taxidermist if that helps.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 AM

Default RE: In a bind.....

That stinks bro. I hope y'all find something quick. Kiddos in the field are a great thing for this pasttime!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 PM

nctaxi - sorry looking land as well. Have a taxidermy question for you, if you don't mind answering. I have a pheasant cape, what's the best option for displaying, mounting on board, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

DC - there are a lot of steps to properly preserve a bird. But in a nutshell.... You must first remove all the membrane and meat from the skin and inside the wings. I would also recommend removing the tail and completely cleaning the tail butt. There is a lot of fat and meat in there. After completely cleaning all this, you have to preserve the feet if they are being kept with it. Then a dusting of Borax or Dry Preserve and tack it to a board or mount it. The thing you have to keep in mind, if it is not properly cleaned, you are opening a door for problems that could involve any and all mounts in your house, as well as carpet moths in your carpet, etc. I don't know where you're at in NC but if I can help, let me know.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg,

Hope this ain't too late, but I got 230 acres you can hunt!!!!!

e-mail me[email protected]
or call me 336-414-2201