Virginia Gobbles Yet? >

Virginia Gobbles Yet?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Gobbles Yet?

Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Virginia Gobbles Yet?

Any of you guys in VA hearing birds yet? I went up above Front Royal to Fort Valley and saw over 50 birds on the mountain, but heard no Gobblers. I have not been out to my Loudon Property yet. I am thinking of going over and doing some scouting this week. I just wanted to see if anyone else is hearing anything yet.

Good Luck,
Mike
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Default RE: Virginia Gobbles Yet?

I heard six different gobblers the other evening (a rarity here) and an additional four different gobblers that following morning. In southwestern VA. I heard reports that they've been gobbling for over two weeks already! May not be good for us.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Typical Buck

Saw 1 gobbler and three hens. Heard a few more over on my friend's farm in Amherst County.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

They sure are starting us late this year. With the weather going from warm to cold and them back to warm, maybe it will slow them down a bit. I hate the late start that they are giving us this year. I will be on the mountain in Fort Valley before daylight in a couple of Saturdays.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

They are gobblin their heads off in Albemarle County
Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother heard a few down in Harrisonburg this a.m. Just got back in town and haven't had a chance to scout much for this upcoming season. Seems there aren't many places close-by to turkey hunt anymore. 10 years ago, we used to be able to go out our back door in Prince William Co. and call a few in on our farm, but sure don't see many around here anymore.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Have'nt had a chance to get out and scout yet but I have the whole first week off and will be hunting in Fauquier, Pulaski, and Fluvanna counties. I will let you know how I did.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Went out last weekend in Isle of Wight and heard four different gobblers! I am going out tomorrow to scout a little and hopefully get some pics!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

We went out Saturday morning (youth day) and I laid down some of my "not so award winning calls" for 'em. I got two gobblers talking back, but not coming to visit. Hopefully I can entice them enough next Saturday to go home with some food.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, we are hearing them and they are ready for me and my son. But the snow slowed us down on the youth hunt. We will back at them next weekend. Can you believe that it snowed on Easter weekend in Virginia.

Quick Reply: Virginia Gobbles Yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.