Izaak Walton off Bristow, PWC >

Izaak Walton off Bristow, PWC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Izaak Walton off Bristow, PWC

Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Izaak Walton off Bristow, PWC

Looking for a good place to shot and if the membership price is still the same as the it says on the site, it's a really good deal. Are there any members that would be willing to give me the .02 tour?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Izaak Walton off Bristow, PWC

I was a member there for 15 years until a couple years ago. When I left, I think membership was $140. It's a good setup. Only reason I quit is we own a farm a few miles from there and I didn't use the PWIWLA facilities much, and the ranges werent to my liking. I did however use the boat ramp access into Broad Run. They have an indoor "underground" rifle/pistol range (25 yds.) The outdoor range was closed maybe 3 years ago b/c of houses in the area. There is also an indoor 25 yd. archery range and a LOT of nice 3D outdoor archery targets set up around the property. If you have any more ques. e-mail me at [email protected] - Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Why not join the IW located in Centreville. It only a few more mile away, but has better ranges and much more to offer.

http://www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org/

The Arlington-Fairfax Chapter

Address: 14708 Mount Olive Road, Centreville

Directions: From I-495 (Capital Beltway) take I-66 west. Take Exit 53A onto Route 28 southbound. Take Route 28 south to Compton Road. Turn right at the traffic light onto Compton Road. Follow Compton Road to the intersection with Mount Olive Road. Turn right onto Mount Olive Road. After approximately one-tenth of a mile turn left into the entrance of the Arlington-Fairfax Chapter.

Telephone Numbers
Chapter Field House 703-631-4495
Rifle-Pistol Range 703-631-4496
Skeet & Trap Range 703-631-4497
Field Archery Range 703-631-4498
Old 02-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

The family was a member there when I was a kid. Great place. Unless things have changed, reasons are: No night shooting, hit or miss if there was a RO there to open the range during the week. I know shoot on the weekends and all is solved. The wife on the other hand sees it differently.

Thanks Cool. At this point I would just like a tour to see if it better then going over to Shooter's on RT1. Their prices just went through the roof.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

At IW, you can shoot 24/7. There's a separate gate padlock, R&P range padlock, and indoor archery padlock. All you do is sign in. Again, 24/7, even x-mas eve or easter
Old 02-02-2007, 06:42 AM

Membership is $200 initially and$100 every year after we are holding our Ducks Unlimited Banquet there in April.One of our Committee members joined last year and likes it, let me know if you are still interested and I will see about getting you the tour.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Sure am! Thanks Reb!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are interested, call either Bobby at B&B Archery (703) 335-6320 in Manassas and tell them Steve Boardman sent you. They can either give you a tour or put you in contact w/ Jerry Norris who can give you the 411.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Thank Cool. I meet up with Bobby Saturday afternoon, was in the area. He got me the info and told me the place would be open that night cause of a shoot and to drop by. I did and was very impressed. I'm getting the money together now.