HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   South (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south-27/)
-   -   Any SCI Oklahoma Members?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/south/176948-any-sci-oklahoma-members.html)

davs2601 01-24-2007 01:21 AM

Any SCI Oklahoma Members??

I recently joined Safari Club International a few months back and Im curious if there are any members on here. If so are you going to the hog hunt in durant, Okin feb?

USFWC 01-24-2007 12:13 PM

RE: Any SCI Oklahoma Members??

Shoot, I may join just so I can go on the hog hunt!

davs2601 01-24-2007 01:30 PM

It not a bad deal. SCI does alot for Oklahoma and other states. I always thought it was just for african hunts and stuff like that. But that is not the case at all. They are very heavy into politics and keeping our hunting rights.

As far as the hog hunt...you have to bea national member and a state member...total cost for that is $85.00. then it is $15 for the hunt plus $1 per pound up to $150. My step dad has been a member for a while so I figured I would join to be able to partake in this hunt with him. Now that I know more about SCI Im glad I joined.

kurdog 01-24-2007 05:45 PM

was not aware of sci hog hunt in durant,ok. i live here and hog hunt with dogs here. that;s news to me

davs2601 01-24-2007 06:01 PM

It is going to be a Monteria style hunt from what I was told. Im not sure which is the Monteria but they are driving the hogs with dogs for the hunt that I am doing then they are also doing the dog and knife hunts as well but thosecost a bit more.

So how is the hog population down that way? I got skunked during deer gun and archeryseason so I am looking forward to putting some meat in the freezer.

kurdog 01-25-2007 07:54 AM

there are alot of hogs in this area. we only hunt free range hogs on private land. dogs and knives

coolbrze0 01-25-2007 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: kurdog

there are alot of hogs in this area. we only hunt free range hogs on private land. dogs and knives
What's dogs & knives mean?

USFWC 01-26-2007 01:57 PM

That's what I was wondering. You hunt hogs with knives? That's really going primitive there! Count me out!:D

davs2601 01-26-2007 03:59 PM

YEAH SOME OF THE HUNTS ARE DONE WITH DOGS AND KNIVES. tHE DOGS TRACK THEM DOWN AND HOLD THEM THEN YOU GET OUT YOUR "PIG STICKER" AND FINISH THE JOB. i AM MORE INTO SHOOTING THEM, BUT TO EACH HIS OWN. i HAVE HEARD IT IS QUITE THE RUSH AND WHILE IM DOWN THERE i MAY TAG ALONG ON ONE OF THOSE STYLE HUNTS

kurdog 01-29-2007 08:47 AM

when you get down this way. look us up. it is a rush