South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NC Hunters

Old 12-27-2006, 07:04 PM

Default RE: NC Hunters

ORIGINAL: daleh

NC is also full of nice public land
Its strange that I read this post today.

I took a drive down to the state gamelands today at Harris Lake.

I saw about 10 trucks parked along the dirt road I drove down and also saw some orange vests down in the woods.

When I came to the parking area there was trash everywhere, boxes of empty shotgun shells all over the ground, and a few No Trespassing signs I saw on my way in were all shot to pieces.

I was hoping to find a new spot to hunt, but will probably pass until the new year and just go there with my beagle and try to find some rabbits.

Hunting in woods with hunters I do not know scares me. I don't feel like being shot.

The way the parking area was left makes me think these other hunters arent of the highest moral fiber...

Anyway, I was disappointed.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:41 PM

i kill a 9 pointer and my cousin killed an 8 , i saw 3 bucks this year all 8 point or better and 14 does so far , and my cosuins son killed a doe and button buck also ,me on left , cousin on right and his boy below , at thanksgiveing night .

Old 12-30-2006, 06:38 PM

Awsome picture!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

I killed 6 does this year...The farm I hunt is over run with deer. Saw several small bucks let them walk. My hunting partner killed a modest 8 point. It was his first buck so he was thrilled. BUt saw tons of does..So our family and friend's freezers are full. Hopefully next year we will see a few more bucks...Good season overall.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM

I hunt up in Northampton County. There are deer everywhere! In three days I saw 5 shooters and alot of little bucks from spikes to 10 pts with 14 in spreads. Ton of does too! I got some bucks on video and two kill shots and a miss on film. If you want to see lots of deer and turkeys go to Occoneechee Lodge.

http://www.deerhuntingnc.com/