South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Alabama rut

Old 01-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alabama rut

I saw two small bucks fighting a little bit yesterday in a green field, one other buck chased two does out of the same field, and this morning at 8:15 I had a big spike chasetwo does by my tree. I think they're startin to get ready just a little early this year. This is the earliest I have ever seen a buck chasin' does where I hunt. Anybody else seenmuch chasin' in Alabama?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: Alabama rut

I typically see a little around Christmas but not a thing this year.Hopefully it will kick offsoon.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hard to say, up here in the nth west part it happens in the blink of an eye, there scaping at the moment but not really running them. if this cold weather keeps in for a couple more days we will be good, it will probably get warm again though
Old 01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most scrape activity I have seen this early in years. Their necks are swollen up and there seems to be a lot of torn up dirt in the plots where they are fighting at night. (Troy area)
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

They are just starting to get rowled up a little in Conechu Co.They just started scraping a little this past week and after the rain that came through Sunday almost all the spots had been freshend up. I saw 4 bucks Sunday morn. All of them 2 1/2 year olds crusing around looking for some action.They've also been blowing my deer cams up. Mostly at night though. I got this big guy working one of the scrape lines I found last week 4 different days last week.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that's a dang good deer. Maybe you'll catch him slippin by one day, good luck.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nice deer, now thats what I'm talking about.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 PM

I saw some scrapes and rubs where I hunt in Choctaw county...by next weekend I think they'll be runnin'.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hope they are more fired up in Choctow Co than they are at my place in Conecuh. We usually see scrape activity pick up around midDecember but we have just started seeing them in the lastweek or so. If history repeats itself we are still several weeksout before the big guyswill be onmove. I didsee a spike, a six point, anice 7pt and a nice 8pt thispastMonday. They were cruisingaroundchecking and looking but that is pretty typical for the small ones to get started early.We need some seriouslycold weather soon.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM

I agree with the cold weather, but it ain't lookin good anytime soon!

Quick Reply: Alabama rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.