South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Okies!

Old 11-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Okies!

Howare your seasons going?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Okies!

Slow, slow, and slow. Went on a still hunt today cause of the snow, saw nothing but does. Hopefully the morning will be pretty good though. And now maybe some ducks might move in.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Went hunting all last weekend and saw nothing but doe's. My brother in law shot a 9 point sunday and the neck had not even began to swell and his haunches were not even turning dark brown yet.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted the entire Thanksgiving break and saw quite a few deer on some public land. Im actually after a beautiful 8point that is out there. I have lived in Oklahoma all my life and this is the first year that I have hunted here. Im actually impressed with some of the deer that I have seen on public land. Although it takes a ton of scouting and alot more work than the lease we used to go to in south texas. But then again public land dont cost an armaand a leg and its more of a challenge. If I could only get that 8pt in close enough for an arrow. Bow hunting is very challenging!! Next year im gonna start off early so that when the deer have gotten the better of me I can switch over to black powder and lay the smack down! then do the same with gun season, Archery can get discouraging but then again its tons better than being at work.

has anyone been out in this weather that we are having....I would love to be out tomorrow morning, but I have used up all my leave and this weekend I have my drill weekend for the reserves. Best of luck to all out in the bitterly cold weather
Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

During archery season I haven't seen any shooters, and during rifle season I was able to geta big bodied 8 point. I really want to go out in the morning but I have to work, and then on SaturdayI have to leave for Orlando for a week. (work ) I would much rather be out with my bow and try to stick something during this peak time.

Good luck and hunt safe!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Slow for me. I've had a 6 pt come within 25 yards but couldn't get a shot because of twigs in the way. He is all I've had come close. Got 2 deer opening weekend of gun but I really want one with a bow before the season is over. I would love to hunt in this snow but I don't think I'll be able to get out before its gone.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

I just measure a foot of snow in my back yard from tonight, how hard did you all get hit?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I think we've got about 7-8 inches. I was going to go out this morning, but last time we got this much snow, I ended up in the ditch because I couldn't tell where theroad was located. Not gettin' stranded today!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

hello guys my gun season started out great I tagged out the first 30 minutes of gun season... I shot a 140lbs 10 point with 10" G2s and now he is at the taxidermist... I will post a picture as soon as my brother-in-law sends them to me....
Old 12-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Shot a 130 pound 10 pt a few days ago.

Quick Reply: Okies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.