South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

bama people

Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 AM

Default RE: bama people

I hunt butler Co. check out our website for pictures of are bama deer and turkey. huntchristiancreek.com
Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 AM

I live in clay county, and hunt here too.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I lived in Montgomery and Auburnfor the last 15 years, just moved to the Atlanta area, but I still hunt in Butler County, Alabama!

www.huntchristiancreek.com

Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Spike

Baldwin County
Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Live north of Birmingham. Hunt near Pittsview and near Fitzpatrick. Ironically, I started out hunting Coosa County when I move here in early 1970's .... ran deer with dogs on paper company lands with some folks from the Holtrville area. We huntend near Kelly's Cross Roads. Great fun and good hunting until more or less the entire expanse was cleared of hardwoods and became one big 10's of thousands acre pine plantation. Tried the Coosa GMA. About daybreak one morning, I heard five rounds fired failry close by and had all five pass near enough that I could hear the bullets whine. Later that season I went to Barbour Co. GMA. And as the sun came on up, I was looking across a hollow at a pumpkin patch of orange vests and hats. Bet I could see 6-8 guys. Then about 8:30 a vehicle rolled up and 4 guys came easing down the ridge, saw mw and came over to ask if I had seen anything .... then proceeded down hill. That ended that. I found a place to lease the next year and have leased hunting rights ever since.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Spike

eli243-I live in Ramer, 20 miles south of Montgomery and hunt on my own land there. I have hunted Coosa Co around Rockford years ago (30) and in Elmore, Coosa(Needle Eye off Coosa Co 20 and areas close by with dogs),Lowdnes, Oakmulgee area of Talledega Nat'l forest and in a club ruined by Florida hunters in Butler/Crenshaw Co. FLa boys came every weekend with a TON(2000# of corn! Game wardens caught 4 guys on 4-wheelers in the woods with 800# of corn on board. Some ex-felon drug dealers/armed robbers got to be members and then marijuana was found growing during the summer. We pulled out-Florida hunters are the most unethical hunters I have ever encountered in 50 yrs of hunting.