Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA) >

More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA)

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA)

Old 10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: More Hunt club members needed (N/Central VA)

One spot left
Old 10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

The other land deal is solidified with a longterm commitment. We decided to go with 6 guys as opposed to 8 therefore it'll cost a little more than I had origally posted. We do have room for 1 more but that's the cutoff.

We will have the DCAP but will move to DMAP next year. We did see a bear about a mile from our farms and found bear tracks under one of our stands, so they are there. We lost count of deer. Turkey's are available also.

P, E, or callme or Rick for details or to see the place

Brad
Old 10-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

How far is the lease from Charlottesville?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

bout 30 miles (+/-)
Old 10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I need to join out there... 3 of us only saw 36 on opening afternoon in all that rain.. and we saw a total of 22 this past saturday afternoon plus two flocks of turkeys and one of the biggest yotes I have seen in years.. maybe my life.. if he would have only been about 15 yards closer I would be showing you pics of him right now lol...

DMAP is the way to go.. dcap is ok for urban areas but you get out into the sticks some and dmap works much better. We are DMAP enrolled on the 1450 acre tract and the two additional leases we have the option on starting next year (768 acres, and 3890 acres with the possibility of additional adjoining land) are enrolled in dmap right now and we will continue that if we decide to lease them.

The 1450 acre tract was in dmao for the last 4 years and has been under antler restriction for as long as well.. the adjoining land to this tract is also managed for antler size is well....

IF you are lucky enough to get your neighbors up there to fall into the anlter restrictions on their land then sounds like you might have a little honey hole up in the hills Brad..

ANyway sounds like you guys are heading in the right direction.. if you need any info for who has the better insurance for less or anything like that let me know I can probably point you in the right direction....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Justin,

I call the biologist this am, but he aint called me back yet.
We talked about going ahead with an AR of our own, but still too early for everyone to get together own. We'll have to all sit down and pow-wow.

The adjoining land doesn't get hunted so no problem there. There are some dog hunters up the road a ways but didn't have a problem with them last year. In fact I think it helps as they run their place and chase deer our way. I can't help but feel that's why were as loaded as we are. Ain't seen yotes yet but did see a bear about a mile and a half away saturday.

anyway I understand your club's getting strong. Seems like you put everbody in NOVA on a stand and maybe that's why I'm still looking

I'd like to get over there and hunt with yall sometime, but the fact is I barely have enough time to hunt the place I got.

Anyway good luck with yours and we get together sometime

Brad
Old 10-25-2006, 07:52 AM

little too far for me.........i can be back in PA in like 2.5 hours, hunting chester county, one of the top counties for P&Y deer in PA.....sorry
Old 10-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

You snooze you lose. This club is full as of Saturday 10/28/2006. Thanks to all who inquired about the lease.

Billy has paid in full and knows the lay of the land.
Our 6th member confirmed his joining the club , on Friday, and ishoping one of the members can show him the property sometime this week. His payment is pending.

Payment status:
Todd, paid in full 10/28
Dean, paid in full 10/28
Rick, paid in full 10/28
Bill (Reb), paid in full 10/28
Brad,balance pending
Dave, full payment pending