Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA ??? ON THE RUT >

VA ??? ON THE RUT

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA ??? ON THE RUT

Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: VA ??? ON THE RUT

I had 3 small bucks about 15 yards from me, two decided to lock up briefly. Saw a nice 8-10 pointer today for the third straight day, i was walking back across the bean field and he steped out broadside at 40 yards or so. I watched him and he watched me. might go back in the morning and see if he wants to walk by me
Old 10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

How about this week? Anyone? Man........ It's been a little cooler forthis time a yearthan what I remember in the past. The weekend can't get here soon enough. I've got a climber posted where I've beenseeing activity for the past three weeks. Haven't moved it yet and the deer keep coming in........especially the does. Please Boys, start tracking the girls a little closer this weekend.....please! [&o]Good luck to everyone this week!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Smoke Pipe opens Nov 4 not Nov. first, and the weather seems to be great. However don't count on it to start the rut. Normally around here Mid Nov. seems to be the most productive timing. I've seen quite a few deer on our properties (36) on opening day none seem to be in rut form at this time. I'm hunting in King George and Richmond County off the Rappahannock River
Old 10-27-2006, 07:19 AM

I was rattling the other night as soon as the wind died and had a 6 point come by and a then a real heavy horned buck as well....found about 4 scrapes and a ton of rubs...but there are a number of buck on this property...
Old 10-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted in Craig County which is about 30 min N of Roanoke for 20+ years and almost every year the peak of the rut hits in ML seasonthe 5th through the 10th. I would assume Roanoke would be about the same time.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a ton of fresh rubs alonga field line starting about two weeks ago. This past week I saw three different scrapes in the area. Yesterday I had a nice buck come by then go in the woods where 3 doe were standing and he started grunting and blowing, that went on for about 15 or 20 minutes. That was one of the most exciting things I've ever had happen
Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 AM

I found two rubs this morning about 15 yards apart around 45 yards inside a field edge. They were done some time in last two days. Havent found any scrapes yet. Maybe by next weekend i can find one.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Typical Buck

hung stands yesterday in fauquier co. in preparation of the ML season and saw 3 brand new scrapes,rubs everywhere and while hanging the last stand around 4 pm a nice 6pt following a doe walked within 100 yds of me and continued following her across the field to the opposite side and in the woods they went,,,i think the pre rut is deffinately happening now and next week or two is gonna be prime. I drive truck for a local co. and 66 was littered with bucks that have been hit all last week
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I had a small buck come chasing two does through a cutover Saturday while I was in my ground blind. The does were streched out and running and he was maybe 75 yards behind grunting almost every other step chasing them.