FLORIDA HUNTERS! >

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

FLORIDA HUNTERS!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gators1422
Yeah I have ate there a bunch of times. It is pretty good. Rebel Hog I have hunted in Tide Swamp a few times, I run dogs down in Jena across the river from Tide Swamp.
Do you hunt in Sand hill?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

WHats up Adam I live in Perry just 50 miles from you. Tere are some killer wmas around you up there. If you bow hunt you need to give Joe Budd a try. It is primitive only but there is some awesome hunting there. You can hunt the forest in Wakulla county and do pretty good. If you are looking for a big buck I would try Budd. I hunt in all the wmas aound Perry which are Spring creek, Tide swamp, Western Sloughs, Hickory mound, SNipe Island, Steinhatchee Springs, "Don't go to Steinhatchee springs to turkey hunt its terrible" Birds on evrey limb. THere are alot of good hunting areas all around you buddy. Its GODS country.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Spike

I live 22 miles sw form gainesville and hunt mostly mgt areas around me so now my season is over and my freezer is empty
Old 12-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Spike

This is my first year deer hunting. I hunt the Bull Creek WMA, west of Melbourne. I hunt the area with over 100 other hunters. I haven't so much as seen a doe.

The Florida WMA's leave a lot to be desired. Each WMA has it's own rules. The area that I hunt adjoins another WMA with total different rules and seasons. The state is broken into different regions, with different laws. The game officers do nothing to inform hunters. They just sneak around, they to catch people.

I live in an old fishing village. The state has shut down charter boats, and discouraged many people from fishing, due to the complicated regulations. It's gotten to where you're afraid to fish, without a marine biologist and lawyer on your boat.

It's no wonder that there is a drop in the number of hunting licenses sold. If Florida continues the way they are headed, I'll only be hunting private high fenced ranches.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by n.florida hunter
WHats up Adam I live in Perry just 50 miles from you. Tere are some killer wmas around you up there. If you bow hunt you need to give Joe Budd a try. It is primitive only but there is some awesome hunting there. You can hunt the forest in Wakulla county and do pretty good. If you are looking for a big buck I would try Budd. I hunt in all the wmas aound Perry which are Spring creek, Tide swamp, Western Sloughs, Hickory mound, SNipe Island, Steinhatchee Springs, "Don't go to Steinhatchee springs to turkey hunt its terrible" Birds on evrey limb. THere are alot of good hunting areas all around you buddy. Its GODS country.
I was in a hunting club in Madison close to Perry......

I also have hunted Aucilla WMA when it was in 3 counties for many years..........When the State split it I quit going............I have also hunted Steinhatchee, but on Buckeye Paper Co. property................I use to hunt Steinhachee when it was in Cross City........

Also have hunted Lake Talquin many times....

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 12-19-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by trappinglee
I live 22 miles sw form gainesville and hunt mostly mgt areas around me so now my season is over and my freezer is empty
I have also hunted the (old) Lochloosa WMA ........
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default outfitter east FL

Hey guys, I'm planning a driving trip from orlando to key west, passing ft Lauderdale and Miami beach.
I was planning on buying a new bow and started looking for a good proshop but then I thought I could go hunting in FL.
So I looked at some outfitters like Chappy's and the Ross Hammock ranch but do any of you know a good place not too far from any of the stops to go hog hunting ?

Frank
Belgium