Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Good "Ol Oklahoma

Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Good "Ol Oklahoma

Here is an e-mail I received...I thought it was pretty good:

The following list of rules applies to each person as they enter Oklahoma :

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. There are pigs, cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-40 goes east and west, I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 dollar car. We're impressed. We have quarter-million dollar air conditioned tractors. We drive them 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly.
Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves is coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You had better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawdads. You really want sushi & caviar?
It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the 3rd Saturday of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to everyone, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes:
meats,vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Pace Picante Sauce.

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit the water hazards - it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try O.U. or O.S.U. (By the way Yankees OSU does not mean Ohio State). They come outta there with an education, a love for God, country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come home for the holidays.

16. We send more folks to the Navy, Army, Marines, & Air Force than any other state. "Don't Mess with Okla." If you do, it will get your butt kicked by the best.

17. When folks in Oklahoma talk about having a PhD they're talking about their Post Hole Digger.

18. Always remember what our great governor E.W. Marland once said:
"Oklahoma can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Oklahoma .."
Old 07-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good "Ol Oklahoma

glad you cleared up #15 .oklahomas idea of honor studentis,no your honor, yes your honor, anything you say your honor.just joking
osu buckeyes #1

Old 07-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Spike

hay,millertime10 i though you all were in elreno ? are was that some other millertime ?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

I am from El Reno, but just moved to McAlester in December b/c of my job. Same guy, just different area.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Spike

good hunting down there to ,i remember the cat fish you had up there .do know any barkers in el reno ? or the millers on sun set road ?
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Hey I've got a couple of quick question guys...how's the hunting in SE OK near Watson, near the Ouachita Nat Forest? I am looking into hunting some land there and was curious as to what sized deerare out there. Secondly,how are the hunting laws in OK, is it a draw type like WY or do you just purchase a permit and head out to the woods? thanks for your help and happy huntin
Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Sound like a lot of thatOKIE pride to me!

Oh yah, I about foregot that I was born in Stillwater!

Nice to see some folks from home post here.

hunter338
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: waynemorgan

good hunting down there to ,i remember the cat fish you had up there .do know any barkers in el reno ? or the millers on sun set road ?
No, Wayne, I don't know any Barkers, I do know some Bakers though. I do know a few Millers in El Reno, but not any that live on Sunset. The Miller's I am related to live up north around Enid.

Hey I've got a couple of quick question guys...how's the hunting in SE OK near Watson, near the Ouachita Nat Forest? I am looking into hunting some land there and was curious as to what sized deerare out there. Secondly,how are the hunting laws in OK, is it a draw type like WY or do you just purchase a permit and head out to the woods? thanks for your help and happy huntin

Not real sure how the hunting is down here in SE Oklahoma. I just moved here last December and haven't had a chance to hunt down here yet. I know there are some big deer in this area, from what people tell me. There is a ton of public land in SE Oklahoma, but I heard it is a crazy place around ML and Rifle seasons. If I were you, I would hunt only with bow on the public land, or go way back in the sticks where no one wants to go during rifle.

As for liscense's, all you have to do is buy an out of stateliscense and a tag. No drawing required unless you want to draw in for a special hunt on the game reserves. I have put in for a trad only huntat theMcAlester Ammunition Plant (SE Oklahoma) the last 2 years and haven't been drawn yet. A lot of big deer and a good experience if you get drawn. You have to check the regs @ www.wildlifedepartment.com to see the prices, seasons, and bag limits. Happy hunting!!!

Trent
Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Spike

thanks millertime .i though you might some kin ,you will like the hunting bown in s.e. ok ,try just north of broken bow lake you might even see a bear some times
Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Millertime, I appreciate the info & good luck this season.

Quick Reply: Good "Ol Oklahoma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.