Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA Hunting/Fishing increases!!!! >

VA Hunting/Fishing increases!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunting/Fishing increases!!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA Hunting/Fishing increases!!!!

You would think an increase of $3.9 million would help an agency with 475 employees. They have a budget of almost $50 million and we still can't hunt on Sundays. I have spoken and emailed my state delegate, and she won't push any legislation on Sunday hunting. She said she needs to gather and hear all the facts first. I told her maybe I should run against her in November.

Mike
Old 04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Your prices are in line with other surrounding states , perhaps they all have reciprocal pricing and Va is just catching up . The state is under no obligation to begin Sunday hunting against the wishes of the majority of your voters who don't seem to want that . Several other states that don't currently allow Sunday hunting are reconsidering their stance right now , perhaps you should begin attending some of your F&G commissions input sessions and make yourself heard ?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Spike

Yes this is horse**** but what you gonna do? They will do what they want. Your gov't at work. G+F is a joke.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

I just got a shock when I bought my fishing license. yikes, $25 for regualar fresh water and trout stamp?? are you crazy!? I rarely go trout fishing, I just have to have it because of the whole 'you fish where trout are, you've gotta have the license'. stupid. I remember when I could get everything for sixteen bucks in PA. the muzzleloading stamp is a joke. you want me to pay twelve fifty for a week west of the blue ridge? no thanks, I'll continue to drill deer with the bow for another week. as far as general increases go, I think it sucks. Sunday hunting-well, it isn't going to happen, period. I personally don't care about it happening, and would more than likely vote against it, but that is just me.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing, I'm sorta against Sun. hunting in VA also. Gives me 1 day to sleep in I can't complain about our license fees, they seem pretty fair to me. $12.50 for state, big game, BP, archery, yeah it adds up, but take 1 deer and you've more than paid for it...
Old 05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, please don't take this wrong....

Some of you are AGAINST hunting on a Sunday?!?! Come on man, we all need to band together on this one. If you don't want to hunt on Sunday - fine, then don't....

Some of us work hard all week long and can't always take a day off. Thatleaves only Saturdays with 9000 other hunters in the field... [:'(]

Sheesh..... [&o]

Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

butch, I respect anyone that wants to hunt on sunday. I have always viewed it as a day off, for both deer and hunters. in PA as well where I started hunting. I'll go back on what I said and probably not vote against it, but abstain from the vote altogether. I'd have plenty of desire to hunt on sunday, and would probably end up divorced because I'd have the 'option' of going. I'm a six day a week hunter, I don't want to be able to go a seventh.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 AM
M38
Spike

I don't have a problem with the increase, it's still a bargin compared to other recreational activites.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

True... But look at what you get for your money compared to other states.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Sunday hunting should be allowed, no question about it. I have 40 acres and I won't be buying a license this year at all, but I still would like to hunt on Sunday, legally that is.